Assignment Editor Part-TimeLocation: US-GA-Atlanta Job Number 1716084 Brand WSB-TV
Atlanta's #1 station is looking for a part-time Assignment Editor. WSB TV is looking for someone that lives for breaking news with a technically driven mind. This person must have strong editorial judgement.
Schedule: Part-Time hours. Flexibility required to work nights, weekends, overnights, and holidays in order to meet business needs.
You will be responsible for logistics working directly with reporters, photographers, producers, managers and the Web department to cover the news of the day, as well as generate enterprise stories. Planning and looking ahead is a must.
- You must have working knowledge of SNG/DSNG trucks and helicopters.
- You are responsible for monitoring scanners, handling logistics for multiple field crews, as well as fielding calls.
- You will need to see the big picture, understand the significance of editorial content vs video content and be able to produce stories from the assignment desk.
- Must have major market assignment desk experience
- Ability to multi-task
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Possess solid news judgement
- Strong foundation of the web and social media
- Knowledge of the Atlanta and surrounding metro area is a plus
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-1601 W Peachtree St NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Unposting Date: Ongoing