Digital Sales DirectorJob ID 1719534 Date posted 12/07/2017 Location Atlanta, Georgia Apply
The Director of Digital Sales will work directly with Cox Media Group’s local TV, Newspaper and Radio properties in Atlanta, Dayton, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Boston, Charlotte, and Memphis to drive and attain sales and revenue goals. In this role, you will identify, implement, sell and support digital sales initiatives to meet revenue goals. This will be accomplished by working with both traditional and digital-only sales teams, local market sales management, executive and market management, and CMG Digital team members.
As the subject matter expert in the Cox Local Solutions suite of digital advertising solutions, strategies and processes, your main responsibility is to support the creation of and execution against local digital revenue goals in your assigned markets. Your primary focus will be the support of digital revenue and strategies in our converged markets of Atlanta and Dayton (TV, Radio, and Newspaper). In addition, you will serve as the primary liaison for our sales leaders into the CMG Digital group, leveraging the resources of Cox Media Group and Cox Local Solutions to identify, share and implement best practices across the organization.
The ideal candidate will have proven and successful sales management experience in multimedia sales and digital advertising. Proficiency and demonstrated expertise is required in the following digital advertising products; targeted display, sponsorships & premium advertising, analytics, PPC, SEO, responsive website design, native advertising, social advertising & people-based marketing, lead generation and mobile. Subject matter expertise is required in the digital advertising ecosystem including programmatic buying, supply and demand-side platforms, customer attribution, and in the latest industry trends.
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcast, publishing, direct marketing, and digital media company. We are digital experts – leveraging the best of Digital with Television, Radio, and Newspaper to create innovative marketing solutions for businesses around the country.
The Director of Digital Sales will be an expert in integrated advertising solutions. We are looking for a proactive leader that has demonstrated expertise in working with local market property teams to meet and exceed digital revenue goals.
- Document and report on digital sales and revenue activities, strategies and goals.
- Prepare, analyze and develop marketing initiatives that support our local digital revenue goals across your assigned markets.
- Identify and share best practices to develop programs and solutions that drive customer results in key business categories. Effectively communicate industry case studies, best-in-class solutions, and marketing strategies to end client clients and sales teams.
- Facilitate both group presentations and face-to-face sales calls with key advertising clients in our top business categories (Automotive, Healthcare, Home Services, QSR, and Professional Services).
- Evaluation and implementation of organizational digital sales structures by market and provide recommendations to support growth of digital sales including the structuring of digital sales incentive programs and commission plans with local market sales leadership and management.
- Coach and support development of local advertising sales teams to effectively establish and manage client expectations.
- Uncover high-potential digital revenue growth opportunities across your assigned markets and develop joint execution plans with local market sales teams.
- Collaborate with sales leadership and digital team members to develop best practices and actionable digital revenue plans/targets for your assigned markets.
- Identify and develop key local market programs and initiatives to achieve and exceed digital revenue growth plans.
- Monitor execution of identified initiatives; flag potential issues and coordinate development of mitigation plans with CMG Digital, where necessary.
- Serve as the liaison of the market into the CMG Digital group and the “voice of the customer” and local market advocate within the team.
- Act as the digital sales lead for key convergence and cross-property sales initiatives by coordinating with property sales teams to understand and articulate needs and then monitor and deliver on execution.
- Support digital knowledge and the development of local property sales teams through coaching, mentoring and facilitation of corporate sales training and support resources.
- Strong (7+ years) experience in Digital Sales and Sales Management including:
- Expertise in consultative selling techniques.
- Management of digital sales and operations, including digital-only sales teams.
- Subject matter expertise in digital media services and integrating client advertising solutions with traditional media (TV, Radio, and Newspaper) and digital owned and operated assets.
- Demonstrated success in digital and integrated sales, internal/external customer satisfaction and territory management.
- Successful background growing advertising accounts and prospecting for new digital advertising verticals and strategies.
- Demonstrated experience working with both large and medium sized advertising agencies and direct clients.
- Ability to work in a results-oriented, rapidly changing, dynamic and fast-paced environment that requires collaboration across multiple stakeholders and constituents.
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently.
- Demonstrated successful selling of digital advertising products; targeted display, sponsorships & premium advertising, analytics, PPC, SEO, responsive website design, native advertising, social, lead generation and mobile.
- Demonstrated business acumen with exceptional knowledge of marketing, sales and new business development.
- Expertise in customer attribution, analytics, and storytelling.
- Experience with needs assessment (client needs analysis), digital sales training programs & curriculums, business development, implementation and facilitation required.
- Superior interpersonal skills and demonstrated command in large group settings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Outstanding customer service skills with a keen ability to proactively anticipate and provide solutions for customer needs.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Active and strong knowledge of all forms of social media.
- IAB Digital Media Sales Certification (IAB DMSC) required.
- Google AdWords Certification required.Required travel ~ 65%.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, computer sciences or related field.
Cox Local Solutions, powered by Cox Media Group, provides customizable digital marketing products and services that drive results. With local expertise and innovative tools, our digital advisors help you maximize your sales, boost your brand value, and turn prospects into customers. Please visit www.cmglocalsolutions.com for more information.
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 60 radio stations, 7 daily newspapers and 11 non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing