Director Financial System & Business IntelligenceLocation: US-GA-Atlanta Job Number 1718392 Brand CMG Corporate Services
The Director of Financial Systems and BI must be a recognized expert and strategic thought leader in Hyperion Planning, BI, & EPM Systems. He or she must manage a technical team and work with senior business leaders at Cox Media Group to design, develop and implement solutions that are practical and cost effective. To be successful in this role one must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment. This role requires excellent communication skills, with individuals at varying levels of the organization. He or she will help to develop the direction of analytic products as well as work with and mentor junior level employees. In addition, the successful Senior Manager must be able to direct the work of multiple concurrent projects and to coordinate the work of teams in this environment.
- Manage a technical team of approximately 10, focused on planning applications, data warehousing, BI reporting solutions, and project management
- Manage career progression for direct reports to include hiring, performance reviews, salary decisions, mentoring, and coaching.
- Responsible for managing Hyperion cubes and data warehouse used by finance and operational leaders for planning and reporting. Evolve the methods and processes to stay in tune with a long term roadmap and user requirements.
- Ensure BI & Hyperion support teams are able to work with other internal support groups to troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues within defined service level agreements.
- Work with other external systems to integrate/migrate data from/to Oracle EBS, PeopleSoft Payroll and HR data, revenue systems such as DTI, OSI, Marketron, Wide Orbit, and other 3rd party data sets such as Nielsen, Miller Kaplan, and digital metrics
- Manage and coordinate efforts of contract resources needed as projects are designed and completed.
- Responsible for supporting the Finance, Finance Service Centers and Field Operations in defining business requirements for the selection, implementation and deployment of new analytic applications and the enhancements of current applications and processes.
- Provide excellent customer service in a fast paced work environment.
- Ensure Production, Test and Development BI & Hyperion environments SLAs are met
- Act as an escalation resource to resolve complex technical issues
- Ensure that the application performs within operational bounds on a consistent basis
- Make certain systems migrations, upgrades, backups, & patching on a scheduled basis
- Assure that user manuals, system design documents, and program documentation are kept current
- Consistently refine support procedures to improve support response times
- Escalate issues to and work with Developers, Systems Administrators, and Application Administrators to provide root cause analysis for systems issues
- Report team status to executive staff
- Develop SLA Compliance procedures and standards
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or related science preferred (or equivalent industry experience)
- Expert knowledge of standard systems administration practices
- Functional understanding of Finance and Accounting practices and standards
- Experience managing a team with the following technologies:
- Oracle BI Enterprise Edition, Oracle BI Apps (Financial Analytics, Procurement & Spend and HR Analytics)
- Oracle EPM Product Suite (i.e. Hyperion Planning, Essbase, Oracle EPM Workspace, Essbase Administration Services, Financial Reporting, SmartView, etc.)
- Managing enterprise level software implementations
- Understanding of SQL
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft suite (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, etc)
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: 2017-12-19