ENG CoordinatorJob ID 1812896 Date posted 08/17/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
WSB-TV, Atlanta’s number one local television station and the highest-rated Top 10 station in the U.S., is seeking an energetic and self-motivated ENG Coordinator. The Coordinator will also be responsible for communicating effectively with directors and producers to ensure clean on-air performance. Additionally, candidate will perform trim editing and file all material to air as required.
- Tuning in and receiving of all microwave and satellite shots
- Ingest and routing of all live streaming sources and FTP transmissions from the field.
- Ability to trim and edit stories and integrate production elements as required.
- Multi-task and communicate effectively and proactively with editorial team in both the control room and newsroom in a dynamic and ever-changing environment.
- Must be available to work all shifts as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- RF, Terrestrial microwave (2Ghz), and satellite control systems and receivers
- File based workflow as well as newsroom production systems
- FTP technology and IP streaming solutions.
- Knowledge of video and audio production values
- Ability to QA all prospective sources
- Solid non-linear edit skills and editorial acumen is required
- Experience with AVID Newscutter, Capture, Interplya, iNEWS; Panasonic P2 is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills is a must
- A minimum of (3) three years of experience in Television News or production operations preferred but not required.
- Must be a strategic planner with good editorial sense and the ability to interface with key editorial producers and managers proactively under deadline pressure
- Successful candidate will be technically savvy, embracing both the traditional RF and new IP based worlds and have the voice and presence to lead with the best solution in the dynamic world of local news
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-1601 W Peachtree St NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Cox Media Group’s operations include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications and digital sites and services. From our on-air talent to jobs within our technical operations, you'll be part of a team that communicates news all around the U.S. through integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media.