This position is with a digital start-up business in the media division of a Cox Enterprises, a multi-billion dollar company based in Atlanta. For the true entrepreneurial developer who is ready for the next challenge, it is a ripe opportunity to take a business plan and funding and be one of the founding team members that brings this eCommerce Business to life! This initiative blends the best of southern food, entertainment and lifestyle content together with the ability to buy products, highlighting unique products from artisans, craftsmen and retailers. The ideal candidate will thrive on a fast-paced and competitive marketplace and will relish the opportunity to grow a business quickly from its infancy to a significant e-commerce retailer.Qualifications
- Familiarity with responsive web design concepts
- Expertise in web application programming (ideally knows Ruby on Rails / Spree Commerce or has interest in it)
- Understanding of web site usability and user experience
- Solid business acumen with exceptional knowledge of marketing, sales, and technology development processes
- Strong project management, problem-solving, and analytical thinking skills
- Demonstrated history of technology-based innovation and problem solving; high use of mobile and social media
- Ability to develop strong, working relationships across all levels and deliver solid results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated bias for customer service
- Ability to manage conflict and stakeholder expectations
- Experience with eCommerce / Blog websites or building large consumer oriented websites a plus.
- Ability to articulate stakeholder needs and define / drive product requirements documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to work in a results-oriented, rapidly changing, dynamic and fast-paced environment that requires collaboration across multiple stakeholders and constituents
- Knowledge of various technology development processes / methodologies required; knowledge of Agile development desired
- Excitement at the idea of taking full responsibility for an idea and project and seeing it through to execution and completion.
- A passion for design and product
- Ability to use independent judgment
- Detail orientation
Working towards 4-year degree in technology, security, web development, or software engineering.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, more than 60 radio stations, six daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications; and more than 100 digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million newspaper readers, and more than 14 million radio listeners. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.Organization:
Cox Media GroupPrimary Location:
US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NEEmployee Status: