Master Control OperatorJob ID 1817605 Date posted 11/13/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
WSB-TV in Atlanta, the #1 Station in the nation, wants you!
WSB-TV is seeking a talented Master Control Operator who possess great communication skills as well as a keen eye for detail and accuracy, who will be responsible for all on-air, streaming and ingest quality control. Additionally, the MCO for this position will need to have the ability to multi-task while assuring that program material meets internal as well as FCC standards. This area requires a high degree of technical as well as operational computer skills.
Responsibilities include the programming and operation of the following:
• The M/C Harris automation system
• FCC program logs and transmitter logging equipment
• Closed Captioning Monitoring and reporting
• EAS alerts and monitoring
• Imagine Video switchers
• Camera control systems
• Broadcast computer networks
• Evertz Video router control
• Program and commercial prep stations
• Basic IT understanding: Ability to use Windows based programs as well as proprietary programs used in the day-to-day MCR environment.
• Must have the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to multitask in a high stress environment. Ability to make decisions quickly to alleviate on-air emergencies.
• Must be a detail oriented individual with a strong grasp of FCC, Close Captioning and Automation principles.
• Must be an efficient and positive communicator. Must possess the ability to quickly process information and relay that information correctly to additional resources.
• Willingness to work part time- mainly weekend evenings.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a commercial TV environment preferred
• Minimum 1 year of experience in a television Master Control environment within last 4 years
• Working knowledge of computer operation, including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) and/or Technical degree or working towards a degree preferred
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-1601 W Peachtree St NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Unposting Date: Ongoing
As an Engineer at Cox Media Group, you'll build and maintain the platforms that hold up our infrastructure. Our teams rely on everything from broadband provisioning to automation framework and maintenance of our platforms and applications that keep our businesses running.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs