Video Journalist/ProducerJob ID 187425 Date posted 05/03/2018 Location Atlanta, Georgia Apply
WSB-TV, the Number One Station in the nation and Cox Media Group Atlanta’s ABC affiliate, is looking for a highly motivated, energetic, creative, organized, self-starting MULTI PLATFORM PRODUCER/EDITOR for its Community Affairs department.
This individual should excel at telling stories with words and video, have a history of working as part of a team and the ability to navigate complex relationships. One must also exercise creative problem-solving and cutting-edge innovation when the opportunity arises. This individual must ensure that projects are completed according to plan, schedule and budget. This position requires the capacity to multitask on many projects under deadline pressure and be available to work nights and weekends when needed.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Generate relevant weekly story ideas, produce, shoot, write and edit compelling human-interest stories in alignment with WSB-TV’s commitment to nonprofit organizations in our community for our community affairs program and public service announcements
- Coordinate shoot locations, interviews, stories, research/details, etc.
- Responsible for daily CMGA Community Affairs presence on website, apps, social media and other emerging platforms (which would include writing, producing videos and uploading content
- Shoot still photography for social media elements
- Fill in producer for weekly Community Affairs program
- Produce/edit snackable videos for social media posting
- Work well with nonprofit organizations, account executives and commercial clients
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor
This is not an entry level position. The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years minimum experience at a local TV News or Public Affairs position doing similar work
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college strongly preferred
- Proven expert writing, production, videography and editing skill sets
- Proven abilities in still photography
- Expert skills in the creation of social media and digital content
- Comprehensive knowledge of nonlinear editing, especially Avid Media Composer editing, AVID iNews
- Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and broadcast delivery systems knowledge is also preferred
- Experience with Windows and Microsoft Outlook
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding the tenants of professional journalism
Channel 2 WSB-TV has a rich history of commitment to community outreach. The station produces a weekly half-hour community program called “People 2 People.” Its “Family 2 Family” project started in 1986 and is the longest-running locally produced, comprehensive, station-wide public service effort in Georgia. The station also supports a long list of community charities and fund-raisers, supplying on-air talent to emcee or speak at over 350 engagements each year.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and Diehards. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-1601 W Peachtree St NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing