Multimedia Account ExecutiveJob ID 1720386 Date posted 12/28/2017 Location Atlanta, Georgia Apply
The MultiMedia Account Executive-Automotive will represent and sell the entire AJC/CMG sales portfolio (print – newspaper/magazines; direct mail/direct marketing; digital – not limited to websites [i.e., AJC.com], email marketing, SEO/SEM; Reach Extension; Native Advertising/Sponsored Content; and mobile; and much more) to customers and prospects in the automotive advertising field. The portfolio also includes selling automotive specific solutions.
The objective of this role if for the AE to connect with car dealers and automotive specific businesses in the Atlanta market and design, deploy, execute, & optimize strategies that will deliver against pre-determined client KPI’s such as:
The AE is directly responsible for developing assigned categories; growing and increasing revenues from high potential prospects and existing accounts. Their primary responsibility will be to achieve stated product revenue goals by applying audience based solutions to meet or exceed their client’s needs. They will work with the primary client contact to develop, present, close and execute client solutions across the portfolio. This individual will be experience in the automotive industry as a field sales representative with digital, media, and automotive knowledge. The candidate should possess good communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to exceed specific activity metrics and revenue goals. Primary method of customer contact will be sales calls as well as phone calls and emails.
- Responsible for complete sales cycle including prospecting, presenting, closing & retaining business across the entire portfolio including print and digital products.
- Responsible for growing business with existing accounts and diversifying client spend to entire product portfolio.
- Responsible for growing business from new accounts.
- Assess customers/prospect’s needs and recommend most suitable application of products to satisfy stated needs.
- Will collaboratively work with the primary client contact to develop, present, close and execute audience based solutions across the portfolio. Communicate specific product specifications and processes to clients and internal partners to insure quality and timely execution of purchased products.
- Work to identify and qualify customers and prospects having significant revenue generation potential for products.
- Evaluate product offerings against customer's needs, budget and competitors' offerings.
- Utilize a sales automation system to manage day-to-day activities and update management of such activity through system generated activity reports.
- Consistently meet or exceed management defined activity, revenue and product goals.
- Exceed monthly revenue goals.
- Demonstrate a level of digital competency and aptitude in new digital media including:
- Mobile media (buying, planning and reporting tools)
- Social media (buying, planning and reporting tools)
- SEM (buying, planning and reporting tools)
- Video/Audio (buying, planning and reporting tools)
- Digital Services
- Knowledge of print media landscape including competitive publications.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of real time bidding, trading desks and audience based selling solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to keep abreast of new digital technology and the application to clients’ needs.
- Frequent local travel required.
- Meet management and/or process defined deadlines.
- Demonstrate focused daily activity.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the AJC/CMG business offering.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and remain current with the print and online media market.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, a related field, preferred.
- Minimum of 3-years advertising/sales experience.
- Prefer experience in one or more of following sales fields: digital product sales; digital services sales, digital and/or print media; direct marketing
- Media sales industry knowledge preferred.
- Prior traditional advertising sales experience, a plus.
- Knowledge of the automotive industry is required..
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal oriented, highly accountable environment.
- Demonstrated record of success cold calling for new business.
- Superior sales and phone skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team.
- Must be able to work in highly collaborative environment.
- Solid ability to identify new revenue opportunities
- Excellent analytical capabilities.
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills providing quick response time and accurate issue resolution.
- Results-driven and highly accountable.
- Self-directed, motivated, and with exceptional multi-tasking abilities
- Understands and remains current on all print and online media products and markets
- Demonstrable computer knowledge required
- May assist Sales managers to develop other account executives in either digital or print knowledge, depending upon own expertise; and/or sells techniques.
- May assist with training new AE’s on the product portfolio and positioning of ad products.
- May be assigned other duties as needed.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing