Production Manager- CMG Atlanta RadioJob ID 1818433 Date posted 11/30/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
Cox Media Group Atlanta is looking for a Production Manager to lead our commercial production department. The Production Manager will be responsible for creating highly engaging and memorable campaigns for our advertisers. This individual will be involved in every step of the process from brainstorming with the client and account executive to creating the concept, writing copy, production and ensuring that the campaign is meeting the client’s expectations. The Production Manager must have an intimate knowledge of all aspects of radio commercial production, copywriting, audio recording, editing, voicing etc.
The Production Manager will also be responsible for producing station imaging for one of our four Atlanta radio brands. (WSB Radio, B98.5, 97-1 The River and Kiss 104.1). This individual will be highly versed and experienced in creating compelling radio imaging for one of our formats and work closely with the station’s program director to execute the strategic image of our radio brands.
The Production Manager collaborates with programming, traffic / continuity, sales and advertisers on a daily basis. This position requires the ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines while maintaining a positive customer-focused attitude. Having intense attention to detail, a collaborative spirit and the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers is mandatory.
Qualified applicants will have proven leadership and management skills, strategic thinking skills and the ability to communicate a clear vision while motivating and inspiring those around them.
Applicants should have at least five years of commercial production and imaging experience and will have the proven ability to work hand-in-hand with the sales department to develop new and existing business and programming opportunities.
• Lead the Cox Media Group Atlanta production department.
• Coach production talent, station on air personalities and have the ability to communicate the goals and structure of the department to team members.
• Voice, record, assemble, edit and distribute commercials for four radio stations.
• Work with account executives and clients to create compelling advertising campaigns and engaging audio messaging.
• Work with station program director weekly to update imaging.
• Collaborate with CMG Production Managers in other markets to share voices and creative ideas for commercials.
• Develop a system to utilize all available voice in CMG Atlanta and other markets to ensure we have top-tier production voices on all commercials.
• B.A. / B.S. degree or equivalent experience highly desired.
• Minimum five years of commercial production and imaging experience.
• In-depth knowledge of audio editing software, Adobe Audition, ProTools, VCreative, Wide Orbit.
• Advanced computer knowledge, familiar with Mac and PC operating systems.
• Proven track record of collaboration with sales leadership and account executives.
• Excellent verbal and creative writing skills plus a good working knowledge of the English language. (Diction, spelling and vocabulary)
• Professional level voiceover artist ability.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work on tight deadlines under pressure.
• Available as needed, including nights, weekends, and holidays
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-1601 W Peachtree St NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Advertising roles with Cox Media Group provide extensive opportunities across the marketing spectrum. From creative design, to digital media, you'll drive campaigns that reach millions of users.