Regional Sales DirectorJob ID 1817076 Date posted 11/13/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
- Proactively prospect, qualify, grow, and maintain Southeast territory account list
- Drive advertising revenue through direct sales (prospecting, closing new business and managing renewals) within the Southeast territory
- Meet and exceed a quarterly sales quota
- Build strategic agency and client side relationships to secure revenue growth and build credibility in the marketplace
- Identify, understand and communicate trends within client markets and industries
- Ability to listen well to client needs and develop advertising programs that solve their unique problems
- Think creatively, sell strategically, multitask and communicate efficiently both internally and externally
- Ability to manage sales pipeline, utilize salesforce.com and project sales on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- 40% travel
- BS/BA degree required
- 5+ years of experience at a digital sales experience
- 3+ years managing a team
- Must have a strong understanding of the Southeast market with client and agency relationships
- Have sold at a top publisher/portal, additional experience working in the ad network space is a plus
- Experience selling at the national and local level is a plus
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Must reside in the Atlanta Metro area
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-945 E Paces Ferry Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Our sales team is essential to our business growth. Our highly motivated team offers creative solutions to our client’s advertising needs. Within one of our sales roles, you’ll build relationships through consultative partnerships with our clients and customers to maximize the benefits of the products and services we sell to ensure our continued growth.