Videa (www.videa.tv) is a well-funded start up backed by Cox Enterprise in Atlanta, GA (Buckhead).
Videa is rapidly bringing a series of products, services and new technology to the traditional TV media marketplace by building a new automated and data-driven approach to buying & selling linear television advertising. Videa is laser-focused on ensuring our supply side platform is the leading solution for local broadcasters and media buying agencies across the US.
Videa currently has a need for a Software Engineer III. The Software Engineer III’s role is to implement the core software systems that make up the Videa Platform and to mentor more junior members of the team. The Engineer will be responsible for working in a team environment to deliver a high-quality and functionally complete system into Production on schedule.
• Design and develop software according to requirements to meet acceptance criteria with minimal oversight.
• Develop Unit and Integration Tests to demonstrate completion of units of code.
• Work with Dev Managers and Architects to achieve target unit and integration test coverage goals, and test automation goals.
• Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
• Manage self to meet development deadlines on scope.
• Work with 3rd parties to correctly implement integration with those systems according to APIs.
• Define and develop deployment processes and systems.
• Define and develop Continuous Integration processes.
• Participate in requirement sessions to help form appropriate requirement stories.
• Act as a fully engaged Scrum team member, aiding the team in any capacity needed (including QA if required).
• Work with other team members to ensure sprints are completed on time for committed stories.
• Aid in Backlog grooming.
• Participate in problem-solving/brainstorming sessions with other team members.
• Mentor more junior team members, coaching them in application of Best Practices and coding techniques.
• Understand and critique requirements and designs.
• Has the capability to perform team lead functions which include but are not limited to the following:
o Be a role model for other team members and help the team to strive for technical excellence
o Serve as a technical representative for the team
o Lead technical discussions on the team
o Work with other team members to ensure sprints are completed on time for committed stories
o Take ownership for some team wide activities such as deployment, etc.
• Identify opportunities for continual improvement in the product and our processes – implement these improvements.
• Fine-tune system to improve performance and functional behavior.
• Help QA team in creating automated processes for testing system, including scripts and datasets.
• In the early days of the company the expectation is that every technical team member will wear whatever hat is needed at a particular time. This means individuals aiding any part of the technical team in whatever capacity as appropriate for their skillset.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, COMPETENCIES:
• Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
• .Net frameworks – ASP.Net MVC, ASP.NET WebAPI, WCF, , EF, WF, .NET Core
• Good knowledge of MS Technology stack
• Visual Studio 2013/2015
• SW Engineering Principles – DI/IoC, Unit Testing, CI, Auditing, Componentization of products, OO design, SOA
• Participated in multiple projects through the full lifecycle of the development process
• Full knowledge of ALM
• Experience with 3rd party control suites (Syncfusion, Telerik, ComponentOne…)
• Exposure to test automation tools (Selenium, Appium, MSTest, Coded UI)
• SW Engineering Advanced Principles – Design patterns, asynchronous programming, multi-threading
• Experience with AWS cloud-based development and deployment
• Experience in Microservices development and Docker/container-based deployments
• 10+ years’ experience writing production software
• Computer Science or related undergrad
• Microsoft programming certifications are an advantage
• Strong SW Engineering background on the Microsoft Technology Stack
WORK ENVIRONMENT, and about the Entity:
Startup office environment.
Videa is a start up with in the Cox Media Group family of businesses, located in Atlanta that whose goal is to rapidly bring a series of products, services and new technology to the traditional TV media marketplace. The company was started late in 2013 and is rapidly expanding its efforts to provide improved operating efficiencies in several key areas of local broadcast and traditional TV media sales.
We are in the process of building a core team of professionals who will collaborate closely to build both an amazing product as well as an amazing culture. The core team of professionals we select will make up the foundation of our organization.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.Organization:
Cox Media GroupPrimary Location:
US-GA-Atlanta-3390 Peachtree Rd NEEmployee Status: