Videa (www.videa.tv) is a well-funded start up backed by Cox Enterprises in Atlanta, GA (Buckhead).
Videa has JUST REVOLUTIONIZED the way television advertising is purchased with its best-in-class automated technology platform and services. Our supply side platform is the leading solution for local broadcasters and media buying agencies across the US. The problems we solve are complex and challenging. We invest heavily in our people and our technology in order to meet those challenges.
We currently have a need for a Systems Administrator/Technical Operations Engineer to support all production systems within Videa, both internal systems and customer facing systems. The Engineer will work in a team environment and be responsible for ensuring that production systems are functional and tuned appropriately. Our environment presently includes approximately 300 servers (Windows & Linux) SQL Server, System Center, SCOM, IIS, .Net applications, TFS, AWS, Docker, etc. In addition, this individual will work on special projects as needed. On call support is typically 2x every 6 weeks.
• Design, configure, deploy and maintain infrastructure systems including physical hardware, virtualized platforms, and application solutions.
• Tune hardware and software configurations for optimal performance
• Perform integrations with customers, vendors, and partners
• Deploy cloud based solutions as required to meet business needs
• Responsible for maximizing system uptime and availability, ensuring functional and performance SLAs
• Configure comprehensive monitoring solutions
• Work closely tier1/tier2 teams to provide proactive monitoring solutions
• Respond to automated notifications of problem events and resolution of those issues
• Coordinate the repair of server/storage hardware and provide on-call and after-hours support
• Server administration, including system updates and configuration
• Responds to incidents to ensure system availability and meet service level objectives. Performs detailed problem troubleshooting, problem resolution, and root cause analysis
• Backup and DR of all systems
• Fine-tune system to improve performance and functional behavior
• Review systems
• Provide technical support to Junior staff and tiered helpdesk teams to assist in resolving complex technical issues/solutions
• Actively participate in Tier I, Tier II and Tier III support for production systems
• Investigate, triage, and resolve issues with development, QA, UAT, staging, and production system virtual machines and physical servers
• Work with development personnel to design, deploy, and optimize technology solutions for Videa’s software solutions
• Share skills, knowledge, and expertise with the entire Videa Technology team
• Interact with and support Videa’s other functional teams for the betterment of the business
• Computer Science or related undergraduate degree
• 5+ years of industry IT experience
• Microsoft/AWS certifications a plus
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, COMPETENCIES:
• Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and research skills with performance issues in production and development environments
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience installing, configuring, monitoring, and maintaining the Microsoft solution stack including Active Directory, Windows Server, SQL Server, System Center, SCOM, IIS, .Net applications, TFS, etc.
• Devops utilizing cloud based solutions (Aws)
• Experience designing, building, and working on desktop and server class hardware configurations
• Tuning of server hardware and software to maximize application performance
• Installation, configuration, maintenance, and utilization of miscellaneous utility and commercial software such as Wireshark, Aspera, SAS, etc.
• Experience with monitoring and maintaining storage solutions
• Experience with remote access technologies to support remote customer systems
• Knowledge of network computing, information system security, DNS, software licensing, IT best practices, capacity planning, etc.
• Broadcast and media industry experience a huge plus
• SQL DBA experience a huge plus
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox Enterprises and its subsidiary companies are Equal Opportunity employers - M/F/Vets/Disabled. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.Organization:
Cox Media GroupPrimary Location:
US-GA-Atlanta-3390 Peachtree Rd NEEmployee Status: