Supervisor Cash ApplicationLocation: US-GA-Atlanta Job Number 1718393 Brand CMG Corporate Services
- Supervise all CMG newspaper, broadcast and digital advertising shared service functions relating to customer payment application.
- Ensures that all types of payments are batched, balanced, posted and accounted for and ensure systems are balanced to funds received.
- Collaborate with ARM personnel to ensure that all month end related responsibilities (balancing, journal entries, and reporting) are completed accurately and timely.
- Fulfill the role as a liaison between the Cash Applications Department, other departments and, clients to resolve escalated account inquiries and discrepancies.
- Collaborate with IT by identifying system errors, capturing issues requiring resolution, and maintaining and enhancing the accounts receivable systems as required for optimal performance.
- Ensures that staff adheres to departmental procedures and internal controls, and that controls are in accordance with GAAP and established CEI corporate and CMG divisional policies.
- Ensures that unapplied cash is processed in a timely manner, collaborate with collections staff to facilitate the process.
- Maintains cash application policies and procedures to ensure changing business requirements are met.
- Participate in internal and external audits as required.
- Reviews / audits / tracks performance of outside vendors, such as lockbox processors, utilized in customer payment shared services.
- Makes recommendations for utilization of outside vendors and process improvements based on best practices.
- Serves as liaison between vendors and functional groups to ensure implementation of new services offered is successful.
- Leads all systems testing relating to payment application activities.
- Extensive and detailed payment research required and interfacing with banking personnel when issues arise.
- Evaluate annual goals and performances with employees.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of CMG processes and procedures as they relate to billing, adjustments, field and client requests, etc.
- Proactively and effectively communicates progress in work assignments and deliverables
- In-depth knowledge of payment and billing systems and related functions and operations
- In-depth knowledge of applicable banking processes is required (i.e. lockbox processing, bank drafts, etc.)
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and the highest level of professional conduct
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership skills that included the ability to plan, delegate, set priorities and resolve complex problems under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills
- Builds and maintain positive internal and external customer relationships
- Ability to take the initiative and be self-motivated
- Position requires discretion, personal and business judgment and confidentiality
- Position requires a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experienced in developing solutions acceptable to both management and the client
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a deadline driven, team-oriented environment
- Able to effectively resolve conflict among team members.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with all levels of personnel within the organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Experience in the newspaper, broadcast and digital advertising industry
- Demonstrated expertise in a high volume transaction payment processing organization, to include a minimum of 5 years cash application and billing experience
- Above average mathematical, analytical, and 10 key skills
- Proficient computer skills in the use of Microsoft Office programs
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, more than 60 radio stations, six daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications; and more than 100 digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million newspaper readers, and more than 14 million radio listeners. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Team Lead/Supervisor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing