Web Analytics DeveloperJob ID 189290 Date posted 06/11/2018 Location Atlanta, Georgia Apply
The Web Analytics Developer will work directly under the Analytics Tag Manager on the Cox Analytics team to implement analytics tracking for advertising campaign measurement and resulting consumer action on clients’ websites. Their primary role will be to implement and provide quality assurance for advertising tracking tags across all of CMG's premium digital advertising clients’ websites and the technology platforms used to activate digital advertising campaigns. This person will be responsible for the gathering of technical requirements from the sales teams, digital fulfillment partners, etc. They will vet measurement plans for technical feasibility and provide successful implementation of necessary advertising tags. This role is critical to the success of Cox Analytics & how they can help show advertising clients return on their investment. Ideal candidate takes pride in attention to detail & accuracy. They will be expected to work with little oversight while maintaining an elevated level of excellence.
80% Implementation of digital advertising analytics tracking technologies, using pixels & coding techniques to track consumer actions on advertisers’ websites such as lead generation, eCommerce purchases and other meaningful campaign Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to show ROI for our online advertising campaigns.
• Collaborate with Strategy team to review the elements and actions that are relevant to ROI on a client’s website, and align on technical measurement needs based on client KPIs to measure those onsite actions (Key Performance Indicators), such as phone calls, form fills, button clicks, time on site, video views etc.
• Create tracking codes that are placed on clients’ websites for tracking on-site ROI driven by advertising campaigns
• Implement tracking pixels for advertising platforms such as Google Adwords, Bing, Facebook, Demand Side Platforms, DoubleClick Campaign Manager floodlights, etc.
• Assist clients with tracking in CRM platforms such as Salesforce, to ensure CMG advertising data is represented in ROI
• Includes the configuration of onsite triggers, implementing conversion pixels and retargeting pixels, and development of remarketing & event tracking pixels.
20% Ongoing learning and maintaining related web-development expertise. The web development space is continuously changing along with advertising and analytics technology, maintaining knowledge at an expert level is expected.
• Researching & documenting expert knowledge related to the main job function.
• Learning new web development skills and techniques to apply to the work, allowing for technical problem solving
• Documentation of processes & best practices, including for training purposes.
• Attending webinars and industry trainings as needed.
• Completing certifications in related advertising & analytics platforms, e.g. Google Tag Manager
Education: Bachelor’s Degree is a requirement. Degree in a related field, marketing, technology, data analysis, etc. is a plus.
• Skillful at troubleshooting front end problems using tools like Google Developer tools, Firebug etc.
• Knowledge of Google Tag Manager a plus
• Expertise in Google Analytics is a plus
• Knowledge of advertising management such as DoubleClick suite is a plus
• Knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, other CRMs is a plus
• Use of communication tools such as Microsoft suite (Outlook, excel, word, PPT)
• Comfortability with Google’s suite of products including Google Sheets/Docs/Drive, a plus
• Minimum 3+ years of web development experience
• Strong problem-solving skills & high level of customer service
• Must have extreme attention to detail, accuracy and consistency in work product
• Fervent desire to achieve accuracy and quality, going above and beyond for customers
• Fast learner, highly motivated to learn emerging technologies through active learning, observing, and researching that may improve the quality, success, and performance of deliverables.
• Strong communication skills is a plus; ideal candidate can translate the complex to simple terms for those who are not technically inclined.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and Diehards. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing