ACN ReporterLocation: US-TX-Austin Job Number 1718027 Brand Cox Texas Newspapers, LP
Follows up on leads given to staff by citizens in order to cover all aspects of the community.
Makes assignments for self or takes assignments from editor to produce news articles.
Attends community functions to photograph events to provide visual documentation of events for readers.
Attends staff meetings and offers suggestions for stories to insure that all important news is covered.
Effectively organizes workday to maximize productivity by utilizing proper time management techniques to ensure high level of responsiveness to our customers’ needs.
Establishes and maintains effective communications and working relationships with internal personnel and outside contacts to ensure a productive and constructive work environment.
Will work in concert with American-Statesman and other community news reporters, editors and other staffers as needed.
Must be able to work overtime as required and be able to work in any other company location as needed.
Provides excellent service to internal and external customers by courteously and effectively fulfilling requests, providing assistance, addressing concerns and solving problems in a timely, professional manner.
Follows all established company safety policies and procedures and ensures personal work environment is free of hazards.
- High School graduation, GED or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism preferred
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills, including thorough knowledge of English language, grammar and proper structure.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the community using sensitivity, tact and sound judgment.
- Ability to comfortably conduct interviews and take effective notes.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments at the same time.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and Microsoft Word software.
- Ability to represent the newspaper in a professional manner, in behavior and appearance
- Ability to work effectively in fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment that requires the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.
- Valid Texas driver’s license with acceptable driving record and proof of liability insurance.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin-305 S Congress Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing