Audience Development SpecialistJob ID 182609 Date posted 02/10/2018 Location Austin, Texas Apply
Job Duties and Job Tasks
- Product management – execute strategy to grow and enhance several product offerings for the Austin American-Statesman.
- Customer growth – execute strategy to grow both large and small organic audiences (both on and off site), increase the reach of off-site platforms and increase referrals back to our owned and operated properties; execute series of experiments both large and small to grow organic audiences (both on and off site)
- Customer needs – champion the customer at various touch points, and while collaborating with multiple cross-functional teams.
- Data and Analytics – extract data from many tools to develop an understanding of relationship between strategy and performance.
- Project management – ensure that campaigns, projects and other operations are executed on time and within scope and budget.
- Local subject matter expert – serve as the “go-to” resource regarding local strategy.
- Intermediate knowledge of social media, email marketing and other distribution strategies in a B2C capacity.
- Up on latest digital and industry trends; open to exploring new platforms.
- Basic ability to interpret raw data and determine actionable learnings.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and produce quick turnarounds.
- Must be able to work across multiple work groups towards common goals.
- Excellent communications skills
Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field.
- Two or more years relationship management of clients and stakeholders, preferably with a marketing or advertising agency.
- Two or more years of social media experience (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) or email marketing experience, preferably with a marketing or advertising agency.
- Knowledge of media buying and planning, in SEM, social or programmatic spaces
- Intermediate knowledge of the digital space as it pertains to journalism
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with individuals and groups.
Well-versed in alternative social media platforms including, but not limited to: Snapchat, Reddit, chat
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin-305 S Congress Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing