Digital Media Buyer/PlannerLocation Austin, Texas Job Number 1711614 Brand CMG Corporate Services
The media planner is responsible for creating, executing and reporting on a promotion plan for CMG Newspaper properties digital marketing initiatives, including native advertising and sponsorships and content marketing. For each piece of content or program built to address client needs, this person will craft and execute on the plan to ensure goals and KPIs are met. This includes employing tools such as on-site promotion, social media, email, web, SMS and push alerts and reach extension.
33%: planning the paid and organic promotion of native advertising, sponsorships, and content marketing for CMG Newspapers on social media and other digital platforms
33%: buying and optimizing to ensure that campaigns meet target goals
33%: creating and delivering reports on the success of the campaigns
- Creates and executes the promotion schedule for native advertising content. Includes social, email, SMS, on-site promotion and reach extension.
- Creates and executes social media campaigns to grow CMG Newspaper audiences and engagement with CMG Newspaper products (both free and paid)
- Manages audience development budget, working with the manager or property stakeholders to appropriately allocate funds and identify areas of opportunity
- Plans and executes outreach campaigns. Identifies key influencers and creates strategies and programs to reach these individuals
- Writes copy for promotional activities and influences development of creative. Includes, but is not limited to social media, email, push notifications and homepage promotions
- Monitors and optimizes campaigns based on performance
- Buys social media ads to better promote native content, grow newspaper audiences and increate engagement with CMG Newspaper products, including but not limited to free sites, digital subscribers and app downloads
- Works with the advertising and newsroom teams and digital content producers to understand internal and external client goals and creates strategies based on those meetings
- Reports on the performance of campaigns, is accountable for the results
- Creates presentations for clients and internal stakeholders detailing the success of the campaigns
- Collaborates with the content teams to secure promotion on homepage for native campaigns and sponsorships, within social channels and on email/push.
- Researches and understands emerging trends as they pertain to social media. Can apply trends to the daily execution of campaigns
Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field highly preferred, or equivalent in experience.
- Prefer three years of social media experience including: social media management tools, excellent writing skills
- Significant knowledge of the trends and behaviors of the social media audience
- Strong consensus building skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with individuals and groups.
- The social media planner must have effective communication skills and the ability to collaborate across departments and within small teams.
- This person should have strong writing skills and the desire to create social media content
- The promotions specialist should be able to demonstrate an understanding of how to grow social communities and the ability to explain strategies and tactics
- An understanding of social media analytics and the ability to draw insights and act upon those learnings.
- Understanding of paid media and how to purchase advertisements on social media channels, including, but not limited to ad platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Google AdWords.
- Basic understanding of layout and design principles and tools.
- The ability to create and deliver presentations.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin-305 S Congress Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing