ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND CRITERIA:
Statesman Studio is the in-house advertising agency of the Austin-American Statesman and serves the creative advertising, marketing and research needs of a diverse roster of local and regional clients.
As part of our team you will be a part of a growing department producing a variety of video content from broadcast television commercials, promotional and native web spots to live multi-camera streaming and internal corporate videos.
As a team member and a self-starter, you’ll be familiar with all steps of the production process, including pitching, budgeting, producing, directing, editing and VFX compositing.
• You will collaborate on assignments and take complete ownership of others
• You will work in our on-site photo/video studio with single, multi-camera and greenscreen setups, in remote locations, and as a part of the post-production team
• You can write and develop scripts, budget productions, setup cameras and lights, interview subjects and work under general supervision
• You can deliver under pressure and suggest new ideas and methods
• You know your strengths and are willing to learn the rest
• You will utilize and maintain lights, cameras, audio and grip equipment.
• Maintain accurate records, log and transcribe production activities
• Whether measuring through individual pieces or as a body of work, your product should be of value to clients, improve the quality of our brand and meet the company’s goal of being the most essential media source in our market
• Create and deliver commercial, native and corporate video spots on a deadline basis for Statesman Studio, its clients and partners
• Work cooperatively with Studio video, creative and account teams to produce compelling work that is on message and on time
• Work a flexible schedule that may include days, nights, weekends and holidays
• Bachelor's degree in Radio and Television, Film, Fine Arts or related field and/or three years experience in video shooting, production and editing, and television graphic and motion graphic design
And/or any equivalent combination of education and experience, which would provide the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Extensive knowledge and experience in visualizing and shooting concepts effectively
• Strong understanding of the technical aspects of photography and videography, including color, field and studio lighting
• Strong understanding in the fundamentals and ethics of advertising and marketing with a keen sense of creative storytelling
• Knowledge of social media and how it relates to marketing and communication
• Skill in pre-production organization and scheduling
• Skill in post-production non-linear editing, including use of Adobe Premiere Pro
• Skill in motion graphics and compositing, including use of Adobe AfterEffects and Photoshop
• Skill in basic audio manipulation and mixing, including use of microphones and other audio equipment
• Understanding of post-production equipment, usage and processes.
• Strong organization and multi-tasking skills
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
• Experience with communications and pagination software systems - including Macintosh, Windows, Google and MS Office products
• Experience with SONY and Canon cameras, LED lighting systems and the Adobe production suite a PLUS
Environmental factors include working indoors and out at events, managing multiple tasks simultaneously, experiencing occasionally frustrating notes and conditions, working irregular work schedule and overtime, handling confidential material, working independently and working with electronic equipment.
This position requires standing, walking, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, sitting for extended periods of time, and exerting a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.Organization:
Cox Media GroupPrimary Location:
US-TX-Austin-305 S Congress AveEmployee Status:
Yes, 5 % of the TimeSchedule: