SEM & Social Account ManagerLocation Austin, Texas Job Number 1710308 Brand Cox Texas Newspapers, LP
The Austin American Statesman is looking for a SEM & Social Account Manager to join its digital team!
This position will manage various channels (PPC/SEO/Social) to drive maximum efficiency of on-boarding and quality assurance as well as account retention. This position will service at the point person for on-boarding strategy, including campaign architecture and quality assurance on campaign set-up as well as post-sale retention. The position will involve the use of reporting and key performance indicators to also help optimize campaigns by editing creative, keywords, and targeting. This position will also be responsible for campaign monitoring and providing reporting recaps for active campaigns.
- Set up and maintain social and search campaigns with third party vendors, on ad networks, or on major search engines with keywords the best leverage inventory of active campaigns.
- Verification of all campaign set-up pre and post launch
- Onboarding Note
- Pixel architecture & verification
- Call tracking set-up & verification
- Order accuracy set up in system
- URL & landing page verification
- AD tag verification for analytics
- Monitoring of budget pacing
- Optimization of suggestions
- Story telling/narrative style month end reports
- Review daily analysis and reporting on search performance with a goal to optimize quickly for creative and/or keywords that need immediate attention, strong performers that could potentially perform even better, and then anything in between.
- Optimize Campaigns via:
- KPI’s: Constantly communicate with Sales and Ad Ops teams to optimize landing pages with best call to action and direct response. Measure conversion rate, etc. to gauge response to campaign creative and targeting.
- Ad Optimization: Leverage technology to optimize for highest converting ad copy. Provide suggestions to the Ad Ops and/or Programmatic/Search team on how the keyword bidding platform/vendor needs to change over time as the market changes.
- Keyword Selection: Routine analysis of merchant prefixes & suffixes for all marketed entities and optimization through regular use of internal reports and external tools.
- Bid Optimization: Leverage internal data reports, external tools, (bid estimator, search estimator) to optimize key word bids and campaign budgets for maximum gross margin.
- Set up, maintain and optimize paid search engine advertising for traffic volume, revenue and KPIs.
- Provide detailed client date and insights – sale projections, campaign performance, position updates, competitive benchmarking to build client relationships.
- Work with sales team to understand and establish campaign requirements, and serve as subject matter expert in assisting with campaign set-up, optimization suggestions, ad tagging, and retention through reporting recaps, etc.
- Provide support to company digital marketing initiatives as appropriate to grow business at positive ROI. Actively share findings with various stake holders.
- Diligently manage search engine campaigns as needed, ensures strong performance and improves and supports the sales process with campaign coordinator and campaign support individuals.
- Full Service Account Management for account assignments tied to Multimedia Product Lead.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or directed.
BS/BA in Business, Marketing, Economics or Mathematics discipline preferred.
- 1 year minimum of Search Engine Marketing or Programmatic experience
- Experience in optimizing towards CTR, CPC, CPA or ROI goals
- Google Ad Words Search Certification – preferred
- Intermediate Excel knowledge
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong teamwork, communication and brain storming
- Good trouble shooting skills and a love of solving problems
- Ability to adapt quickly and seamlessly in ever-changing environment
CoxMedia Group (CMG) is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that also includes the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations; more than 60 radio stations; six daily newspapers, more than a dozen non-daily publications; and more than 100 digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, and All22. CMGcurrentlyoperatesinmorethan 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million newspaper readers, and nearly 15 million radio listeners. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin-305 S Congress Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing