Account Executive - Cox Media Group RadioLocation Boston, Massachusetts Job Number 165501 Brand CMG Corporate Services
Growth, experience and training. At Cox Media Group, we’ll work with you to help you reach your full potential through ongoing career development programs. From day one, we’ll help you leverage your existing skills and coach you to position yourself as a true marketing professional. We are also committed to ongoing training throughout your career and to hiring from within – across the Cox family of companies.Be your own boss. As a Media Sales Representative, you get the best of both worlds. You can “be your own boss” by deciding how your day is going to go… you have full control over which clients you visit and are empowered to suggest marketing strategies to help them meet their business objectives.The media business is fast-paced and exciting! You will often have access to the hottest tickets in town and your friends and family will think you are in “show business!”We’re leaders. Our television, radio stations, and local newspapers are often the #1 and #2 rated media in their markets. With our integrated portfolio of top-rated media properties, we combine our creative services with customized marketing solutions, helping our clients reach their exact target audience and business goals.Our culture and benefits package. Our employees are our most important resource. We encourage entrepreneurship and initiative, and recognize and reward achievement. Cox, offers a generous benefits package that includes 401K and healthcare on day one!
- Develop and manage revenue producing relationships with clients and agencies
- Prospect for new business and build a full pipeline of sales prospects
- Analyze client marketing goals and develop needs-based solutions to achieve them
- Oversee campaign execution and analysis
- Provide consultation to sales managers, sales teams, and clients
- Work collaboratively with internal partners to drive revenue
- Proven track record of sales success in local media setting
- BA/BS degree with a minimum of three years of media sales, account management or buying experience strongly preferred
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Hard-working, integrity, relationship-builder with a winning attitude
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Work with brand teams, ad operations and finance to provide client satisfaction
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM tools
- Some travel necessary
- Valid driver's license with good driving record required
- Must have good working knowledge of ratings, BAR reports, etc.
- Co-op and vendor support knowledge helpful
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmedia.com
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-MA-Boston-699 Boylston St
Other Locations: Washington,US,DC,,20001|Houston,US,TX,,77001|Pittsburgh,US,PA,,15122|New York,US,NY,,10001|Boston,US,MA,,02108|Atlanta,US,GA,,30301|Miami,US,FL,,33101|Orlando,US,FL,,32801|Hartford,US,CT,,06101
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing