Director of SalesJob ID 182790 Date posted 02/14/2018 Location Charlotte, North Carolina Apply
The Director of Sales is responsible for managing the sales strategies of a multiple media portfolio. Leading a team of sales managers and account executives, the Director will create a culture of cross-platform and cross-product selling including WSOC-TV, multiple digital products and Telemundo Charlotte. The Director will develop strategies with a sharp customer focus and consistently deliver on revenue expectations.The Director is responsible for the attainment of the revenue goals and must display entrepreneurial skills in creating new revenue opportunities.The Director is also responsible for development and implementation of a strategic plan to guide the sales departments to successfully attain revenue goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The Director of Sales will be responsible for the development of cross-product sales strategies and ad products to reach expected revenue levels while meeting market demands. Using creativity, business basics and customer knowledge, the Director will lead a team to develop customized solutions for new and existing customers.
- This position requires an innovative sales leader with a demonstrated ability to find creative solutions that meet the demands of advertisers. This role also requires the ability to define and build an organizational structure to support the defined sales and revenue objectives.
- Supervises National, Local and Digital Sales Managers. Using an integrated sales strategy, training and expectations developed by the Director and executed via the sales leadership team and account managers. Also included are the administrative responsibilities involved in the hiring, training, evaluation, and discipline of the personnel under these managers.
- As part of managing overall performance, the Director will work with the Sales Managers to develop motivational methods of achieving revenue goals. Responsible for providing weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, including revenue projections, end of month performance summary by category, sales executive and strategy.
- Will also participate in annual revenue budgeting and analysis. Analyzing National and Local economic conditions to forecast the short and long term station revenue goals. Budget and forecast operational and expense budgets for all sub-departments, maintained on a monthly and annual basis.
- Establishes the rate structure for the station to achieve the revenue goals as forecast. Oversee sales managers optimization of inventory management for revenue maximization of spot time sales and sets product and program rates/packaging accordingly.
- Responsible for pricing and inventory control by maintaining a constant evaluation of all economic factors pertaining to the competition and to market conditions.
- Oversee sales managers optimization of inventory management for revenue maximization of spot time sales and sets product and program rates/packaging accordingly.
- Communicates inventory, sales and packaging strategies to sales managers.
- Manages account lists to maximize sales resources against market potential.
- Creates and develops new revenue streams as product and service opportunities present themselves.
- Develops and implements sales processes to provide for smooth and timely workflow throughout the sales process including traffic, production, promotions, accounting and programming.
- Identifies and eliminates barriers to the sales process between account manager and client.
- Ensures sales tools are utilized to maximum advantage in the marketplace for positioning and sales cultivation.
- Facilitates and builds positive collaborative relationships between the Sales Departments and other Cox departments and divisions.
- May perform other related duties as required.
Experience and Education:
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-NC-Charlotte-1901 N Tryon St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- General Sales Manager Charlotte, North Carolina