Manager Digital ContentLocation: US-NC-Charlotte Job Number 1714082 Brand WSOC Television, Inc.
WSOC-TV seeks a dynamic leader to champion the newsroom’s digital operations. Reporting to the News Director, the Digital Content Manager will work in collaboration with other newsroom managers on executing digital strategies. The ideal candidate will have a background in journalism, knowledge of digital products, and a proven ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced newsroom. This person is not just passionate about digital/social/mobile media but is going to be a teacher and leader related to the new thinking needed in a digital age.
Among other duties, the candidate will be responsible for:
• Communicate and evangelize the adoption of best practices throughout the newsroom
• Managing systems and processes to keep all digital platforms competitive
• Providing guidance and updates related to Key Performance Indicators including audience growth and engagement, video, mobile and social.
• Help facilitate reinvention of jobs to support multi-screen strategies
• Represent the needs of the station when participating in group-wide initiatives
• Manage and invest in a team of digital producers
• Be proactive in setting daily digital content expectations from newsroom staff
• Strong copy editing and content creation skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to optimize site for SEO
• High level of self-motivation and organization
• Ability to plan, coordinate and implement projects/initiatives relating to our online brand
• Work closely with the Digital Director on overall station strategy and implementation
The ideal candidate will bring the right combination of long-term vision and the ability to successfully implement processes, procedures, standards and best practices. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3+ years of digital experience in the local news industry. Knowledge of the broadcast media industry required and understanding of digital media business models preferred. Bachelor's degree from an accredited university is required.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-NC-Charlotte-1901 N Tryon St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing