Multi-Media Reporter - Telemundo CharlotteJob ID 188018 Date posted 05/16/2018 Location: Charlotte, North Carolina Apply
Telemundo Charlotte, a Cox Media Group station, is searching for a smart and dedicated Multimedia Journalist to join the team launching Charlotte’s first Spanish-language television newscast. The successful candidate will be a great team player who can develop great contacts and tell the stories that impact and are important to our local Hispanic community. As part of our team, you’ll be contributing on television and online by shooting, editing and fronting stories every day. The Telemundo Charlotte team works side by side with sister station WSOC and lives the same mission: We Serve Our Community.
The ideal Telemundo Multimedia Journalist is:
- A strong writer and creative storyteller.
- A reporter who brings original story ideas every day.
- A team player who can evolve based on feedback and research.
- A self-motivated individual who wants to win each day.
- Able to shoot and edit in the field.
- Able to shoot and edit broadcast quality video for television newscast, deliver quick. cellphone photos, and cell video for digital.
- A digital natural who posts story updates to social media platforms as they develop stories.
- An innovator who can learn new technologies as they develop.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Education and experience in digital news production preferred
- Fluent in Spanish-language
- Three years’ experience at news production preferred, including spot news
- Knowledge of digital content management systems, email and database management programs
- Requirement may change over time depending on technology and company priorities
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-NC-Charlotte-1901 N Tryon St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Editorial and Newsroom
Cox Media Group’s operations include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications and digital sites and services. Working with reporters, photographers, and producers, you'll be a part of the team that brings the news all around the U.S. through integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media.