Sales AssistantLocation: US-IL-Chicago Job Number 1718549 Brand Cox Reps, Inc.
Assisting Account Executives with every aspect of the placement and processing of orders for TV Advertising Accounts. Act as liaison between station personnel, media buyers and salesperson to maintain an efficient sales desk. This is an entry level position ideally suited for someone interested in a career in television sales.
- Develop a firm understanding of the sales process, Nielsen ratings and Media line software. Maintaining orders once placed including revisions due to program changes and/or pre-empted spots, posting orders on a weekly basis and create television avails using excel.
- TV sales order entry
- Organizing and maintaining schedules and paperwork
- Resolves discrepancies and make goods
- Making sure all assigned duties are completed efficiently and with adherence to deadlines.
- Work directly for one or more Account Executives and maintain an effective working relationship with them and other sales and company personnel
- Works with and must develop an effective working relationship with all station and agency personnel
- Perform general office duties including filing, answering phones including the switchboard, back up for other assistants and the like
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- College degree preferred, preferably in communications, public relations, advertising or business
- Highly organized and possess the ability to switch focus quickly when needed and work on multiple projects at the same time
- Fast and accurate computer data entry skill and ability
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment, able to act with a sense of urgency and adhere to set deadlines
- Have a personable demeanor with strong team and customer focus
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago-205 N Michigan Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing