AnnouncerJob ID 181673 Date posted 02/01/2018 Location Dayton, Ohio Apply
- Reads news on the air, anchoring newscasts until the next anchor is prepared to start anchoring.
- Writes, stacks, pre-reads and edits news used on the air.
- Provides posts to both Facebook and Twitter daily.
- Demonstrates excellent writing skills (fair, balanced clear, concise and correct).
- Demonstrates ability of self-directed story selection/writing/editing following management guidelines.
- Collaborates with reporters in other platforms to co-produce stories.
- Works to achieve goals listed in their Individual Development Plan.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Education and experience in radio journalism is preferred.
- One year experience preferred (spot news/developing enterprise stories experience).
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and Diehards. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OH-Dayton-1611 S Main St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing