Assignment EditorJob ID 186146 Date posted 04/12/2018 Location Dayton, Ohio Apply
·The Daily Shared Content Coordinator has a focus and deep knowledge of print processes and understand daily content needs of all platforms. This person works closely with other members of the Coordination Team, Breaking News Team and platform content managers to facilitate content sharing between platforms on daily stories.
- Works with Crew Coordinator and Cross Platform Coordination Desk Manager to maintain a current list of daily print and TVstories in Inews, including story information/reporter/photo assignments to share content across platforms.
- ·Prepares daily list of content and co-leads the daily morning cross platform assignment meeting, tracking content requests and ensuring crew assignments are made
- ·Works closely with print editors to ensure all content being gathered by Breaking News Team members and TV reporters makes it in to print products and digital sites, on deadline
- ·Increase transparency of daily local content being gathered by TV/print, and is shared with radio and digital
- ·Ability to identify print content/TV content that could be utilized in each platform—VO’s, headlines, voicers, etc…
- ·Ability to perform breaking news desk duties—scanner listening, write news bursts for digital, tweet breaking news
- ·Send out twice daily a list of daily print stories being worked to platform decision makers
- ·Work with Cross Platform Coordination Desk Manager to plan, prepare cross platform coverage plans on breaking daily stories, and long term coverage plans
- ·Identify quickly and communicate with platform managers/editors stories being pursued by both print and TV to facilitate sharing content, streamlining coverage efforts
- ·Facilitate and support collaboration between reporters across platforms to eliminate duplication, plan coverage strategy
- ·Understand content needs and audience demands of all four platforms
- ·Drive audience satisfaction/growth by using expertise in content and audience requirements in all four platforms
- ·Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- ·Proven writing and editing ability in a professional newsroom
- ·Excellent communication skills
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and Diehards. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OH-Dayton-1611 S Main St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Part-Time Social Content Producer Dayton, Ohio