Director Digital SalesJob ID 189527 Date posted 06/12/2018 Location Dayton, Ohio Apply
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, while offering innovative marketing solutions to solve business challenges?
Cox Media Group Ohio (CMGO) is a powerful, integrated portfolio of market leading media brands including the highest rated CBS affiliate in the country, three daily newspapers and the number 1 music and news talk stations in Dayton. This powerful combination of local media brands is complimented by a network of digital brands both locally owned that when combined with our national digital partners including: Facebook and Google create powerful opportunities for our clients to win. We are looking for a proven digital sales leader who can help our organization and our customers leverage the value of these digital marketing assets.
The Digital Revenue Leader’s responsibility is to identify and drive digital strategies to attain revenue goals through the development of overall direction, product and service launches and training. This leadership position reports to the Vice President of Sales and will strategize and work collaboratively with sales management, and the entire sales organization to successfully execute the digital and business development needs of the organization. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional leadership, communication and project management skills. The primary objective is to meet or exceed digital revenue goals (monthly, quarterly, annually) through a team-based, consultative approach to sales.
The focus of this position is to be accountable for the development, focus, and momentum of digital sales efforts and revenue generation. The position is responsible for all facets of digital product development, deployment and sales execution of new initiatives including pricing, inventory, ad delivery, online billing and digital metrics to measure effectiveness in conjunction with the central CMG digital team. You will work in partnership with sales to identify clients’ digital marketing needs and to integrate them into sales solutions. Solutions are multi-platform in nature, integrating the traditional television platform along with non-traditional, digital assets and new media platforms.
The ideal candidate will have proven and successful sales management experience in multimedia sales and digital advertising. Proficiency and demonstrated expertise is required in the following digital advertising products; targeted display, sponsorships & premium advertising, analytics, PPC, SEO, responsive website design, native advertising, social media advertising, lead generation and mobile. Subject matter expertise is required in the digital advertising ecosystem including programmatic buying, supply and demand-side platforms, customer attribution, and in the latest industry trends.
- Attain digital revenue goals, monthly, quarterly and annually and grow market share.
- Be the internal expert and resource for all things related to digital media sales.
- Influence, train and motivate the development of the sales staff on growing our digital revenue and business development streams. Introduce new products and integrated media solutions in sales meetings based on our best-in-calls solutions.
- Conduct individual coaching sessions and perform mid-year and annual reviews for all AE’s and direct reports.
- Accurately forecasts digital revenue for the station and the market to identify key strategies for increasing market share and product usage.
- Conducts weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reporting as needed.
- Set monthly, quarterly and annual goals for the team and individual AE’s with sales management. Track performance and determine accountability measures.
- Responsible for focus and momentum of digital media strategies, product mix, sales efforts and revenue generation, working with sales managers, on sales calls with AE’s, Marketing, Research, News, Creative Services on ways to continually increase revenue and market share.
- Work closely with other sales managers and department heads to integrate online sales options for our multi-platform client offerings.
- Drives sales, pricing, packaging and launch of new digital products and solutions with a focus on key business categories.
- Responsible for inventory management control.
- Partner with Research and Marketing to ensure that all digital media sales information is current and accurate.
- Analyze market trends and competitive initiatives.
- Continually track digital media metrics and KPIs to ensure growth and the utilization of our go-to-market strategies and solution set.
- Conduct continuous research on the latest industry trends, preliminary tests and consumer behavior analysis to develop new ideas for the market to generate further revenue.
- Develop strong relations with internal department heads and external customers including key relationships at local and national agencies as well as direct clients.
- Develops digital media sales materials to market appropriate services and opportunities to buyers of advertising at local, regional and national accounts for both direct and agency businesses.
- Ability to prioritize and work in results oriented, rapidly changing, dynamic and fast-paced environment that requires collaboration across multiple stakeholders and constituents.
- Proven track record of strong management and leadership ability.
- Proven track record of digital sales success in local media or digital pure-play through solution / portfolio offerings.
- Extensive knowledge of digital sales processes, digital platforms, technical markets, pricing models, channels of distribution, technology trends, customer buying patterns and budgeting.
- Must have knowledge in local media advertising, competitive strategies, product marketing, product management and team management.
- Action-oriented, effective communicator with strong leadership and development skills.
- Confident personality and strong sense of urgency.
- Minimum of 3+ years of sales management and digital media sales experience.
- Technically savvy with high understanding and use of digital products to drive client results.
- Strong understanding of digital and social media platform ad solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Hard-working, integrity, relationship-builder with a winning attitude.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Work with brand teams, ad operations and finance to provide client success and ROI.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM tools..
- IAB Digital Media Sales Certification (IAB DMSC) preferred
- Google AdWords Certification required.
- Google Analytics experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, computer sciences or related field OR equivalent experience
- Some travel is required.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and Diehards. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OH-Dayton-1611 S Main St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Part-Time Social Content Producer Dayton, Ohio