Intern IJob ID 183956 Date posted 03/02/2018 Location Dayton, Ohio Apply
Cox Media Group Ohio has one of the most advanced, multi-platform newsrooms in the country (TV, Radio, Newspapers and Digital) is seeking a Digital Intern. You will work in a digital-first newsroom to provide digital videos and digital stories. This intern will join our multi-platform team of based in Dayton .
We are one of the leading newsrooms in the country that produces local news and information on all platforms, and we’re looking for flexible, energetic, creative and digitally oriented people to join us.
Our converged Ohio newsrooms include three daily newspapers, the top local TV news station in the country, an award-winning cross-platform Breaking News Desk and a radio station that reports around the clock.
The ideal candidate is a student with a passion for telling great stories, and someone who thrives in a fast-paced work environment and a keen aptitude for digital media.
- have good reporting and writing skills, and the ability to write and edit quickly for digital
- use research to tailor stories
- have a knack for telling stories in a relatable and compelling way
- have social media skills to engage audience and drive people to your stories
- be familiar and comfortable with standards for avoiding libel and slander, and have a good grasp of Ohio’s public records laws
- ability to work in high-energy, fast-paced environment and be committed to learning throughout their careers.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field
- A portfolio of work that shows good work in reporting, producing, or writing for news and social media
- Genuine interest in story-telling of all kinds
- Capable of doing work that is accurate and complete and according to set deadlines
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OH-Dayton-1611 S Main St
Employee Status: Limited Term
Job Level: Intern/Co-op
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs