Media ConsultantJob ID 1814155 Date posted 09/18/2018 Location: Dayton, Ohio Apply
Cox Media Group is seeking an Account Executive to represent our complete sales portfolio, marketing Television, Digital, Radio and Newspaper. This role will work for our super brands, including The Dayton Daily News, DDN.com, WHIO.com, WHIO-TV, K99.1 FM, WHIO AM, and ME-TV.; we are seeking an aggressive field sales representative, and ideally with digital and/or media knowledge.
As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for developing assigned markets; growing and increasing revenues from high potential prospects and existing accounts. Primary responsibility will be to achieve stated product revenue goals by applying audience based solutions to meet or exceed their clients’ needs.
Why a career with Cox Media Group?
- WORK FOR AWARD-WINNING BRANDS. Our brands are among the best in the industry, often ranking number one in their market.
- BE YOURSELF. MAKE US BETTER. Innovation thrives in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage everyone to contribute their best ideas.
- WE INVEST IN OUR EMPLOYEES. Cox provides a generous benefits package that includes robust health benefits for spouses and domestic partners, paid time off, and 401(k) for eligible employees.
- OUR PEOPLE ARE OUR MOST VALUABLE RESOURCE. Through career development, innovation summits, ongoing training and a commitment to hiring from within, our employees help define their own career paths.
- WE ARE COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE. Every CMG location actively volunteers or contributes financial and valuable publicity support to nonprofit partners.
- Responsible for complete sales cycle including prospecting, presenting, closing & retaining business across the entire portfolio including print and digital products.
- Responsible for growing business with existing accounts and diversifying client spend to entire product portfolio.
- Assess customers/prospect’s needs and recommend most suitable application of products to satisfy stated needs.
- Collaboratively work with the primary client contact to develop, present, close and execute audience based solutions across the portfolio. Communicate specific product specifications and processes to clients and internal partners to insure quality and timely execution of purchased products.
- Identify and qualify customers and prospects having significant revenue generation potential for products.
- Utilize a sales automation system to manage day-to-day activities and update management of such activity through system generated activity reports.
- Demonstrate a level of digital competency and aptitude in new digital media including:
- Mobile media (buying, planning and reporting tools)
- Social media (buying, planning and reporting tools)
- SEM (buying, planning and reporting tools)
- Video/Audio (buying, planning and reporting tools)
- Digital Services
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of real time bidding, trading desks and audience based selling solutions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the business offerings. Demonstrate an understanding of and remain current with the print and online media market.
- May assist Sales Managers to develop other account executives in either digital or print knowledge, depending upon own expertise; and/or sells techniques.
- May assist with training new Account Executives on the product portfolio and positioning of ad products.
- Frequent local travel required.
- May be assigned other duties as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal oriented, highly accountable environment.
- Demonstrated record of success cold calling for new business
- Minimum of 3-years advertising/sales experience
- Prior traditional advertising sales experience
- Knowledge of digital and print media landscape including competitive publications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, or related field
- 2 years advertising/sales experience
- Prefer experience in one or more of following sales fields: digital product sales; digital services sales, digital and/or print media; direct marketing
- Media sales industry knowledge
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OH-Dayton-1611 S Main St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Our sales team is essential to our business growth. Our highly motivated team offers creative solutions to our client’s advertising needs. Within one of our sales roles, you’ll build relationships through consultative partnerships with our clients and customers to maximize the benefits of the products and services we sell to ensure our continued growth.