MeteorologistJob ID 182260 Date posted 02/03/2018 Location: Dayton, Ohio Apply
- Degreed Meteorologist must create and deliver the WHIO-TV weather forecast following researched formats and action plans.
- Must have the ability not only to forecast in weather market, but live storm track, using your skills to communicate not just data, but a forecast and its impact, in a way viewers and listeners will understand.
- Qualified candidates will be proficient in creating digital videos, social media engagement, ad-libbing live on TV, radio, live streams and Facebook Live.
- Prepare newscast graphics using WSI Max system; ability to analyze weather data from a variety of source to prepare and deliver accurate forecast on TV, on radio, in digital, in print.
- Work with a team of meteorologists to deliver life-saving weather information to our audiences 24/7.
- Part-time Meteorologist will be assigned the Saturday AM/Noon newscasts and must be willing to work any newscast, including during holidays, vacation coverage.
- Must be willing to work extended hours during impactful, severe weather events
- Must be able to pitch and create evergreen weather content to be used on digital brands, television and other media platforms.
- B.A Degree in Journalism, Communications, Science, or Other
- 1+ years television weathercaster, live storm tracking experience
- Desired: Completion of Certified Broadcast Meteorology (CBM) program, or be in process of completing preferred.
- Requires strong computer skills, communication skills, social media skills
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OH-Dayton-1611 S Main St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Cox Media Group’s operations include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications and digital sites and services. From our on-air talent to jobs within our technical operations, you'll be part of a team that communicates news all around the U.S. through integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media.