Multimedia Lifestyle Journalist/Social Content Producer (Part-Time)Location: US-OH-Dayton Job Number 1715208 Brand Cox Media Group Ohio, Inc.
This part-time, general assignment reporter would be responsible for covering events, food/dining, arts/entertainment and cultural scene in the Dayton area, including shooting photos and creating videos. This role is also responsible for social media and site production, specifically to drive weekend site visits targets.
This reporter’s work would be for all CMGO platforms, including Dayton Daily News/My Dayton Daily News, Dayton.com, WHIO-TV, Springfield News Sun, Journal-News and others as needed. Position includes creation of articles and other written content such as lists and “snackables,” photos, videos and digital interactives.
The work schedule is Thursday thru Monday.
• Previews and live coverage of events, including weekends and evenings
• Comprehensive, working knowledge and understanding of the organizations, people, sources and events pertinent to the beat and coverage area
• Creation of videos and photo galleries, including taking photos, editing and posting to digital platforms
• Social media coverage of local events, including Facebook Live and posting to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Periscope and other platforms, and interaction/engagement with audience
• Focus on mobile-first and/or alternative content presentation, such as interactives, maps, and quizzes
• Production of content serving free and premium CMGO products as appropriate
• Curation and aggregation of content, including social media
• Analyzing site metrics, social media performance and local/national trending content to determine content subject matter, in addition to more traditional, face-to-face “working” of the beat
• Social media production, specifically on weekends, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
• Minimal site and mobile app management, including editing/updating site homepages and sending push alerts
• Job responsibilities may change over time depending on technology and company priorities
• Strong written language and communication skills
• Is highly productive and produces accurate work at high volume
• Is familiar with and an active participant in social media
• Strong skills with digital tools and technology
• Ability to read and interpret social, page view and visit metrics
The responsibilities above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
Please provide a link to review samples of work or writing samples.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Experience in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, advertising, social media or related media field preferred. Degree in related field is a plus.
• Education and experience in digital, television, radio or newspaper platforms preferred
• 1-3 years’ experience in news gathering organization preferred, with experience covering spot news
Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record due to expectations of driving to cover news/events
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OH-Dayton-1611 S Main St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing