Part-Time Producer NewsJob ID 187372 Date posted 05/01/2018 Location: Dayton, Ohio Apply
Come join the best news team in the country!
WHIO-TV is looking for strong, passionate and energetic Journalists to join the #1 ranked CBS affiliate in America and the home of the nation’s highest rated newscasts! We work on the leading edge of news, charting new courses for how journalism is practiced and delivered to our communities. As part of our team, you’ll work on the front lines of all four major delivery platforms: TV, Digital, Print & Radio. You’ll join a team of journalists in our state-of-the-art 52,000 square foot newsroom. And, with Cox Media Group you’ll be part of a family-owned company rooted in over 100 years of journalism excellence with operations in many of America’s most desirable media markets.
The future of journalism is here, are you ready to join us?
- Excellent writing skills that enable you to generate clean, concise content that is balanced and unbiased, complete, in-depth and dependable. Content should not contain errors of fact or judgment.
- Display urgency, tenacity and passion to get the best, most complete content quickly on tv by deadline.
- Must be able to work in high-pressure, deadline driven situations.
- Must know how to showcase all media elements at your disposal to create a standout newscast.
- Must understand the importance of and know how to handle breaking news in and out of a newscast.
- Must know how to execute top-notch coverage in severe weather situations.
- Be able to create breaking news content effectively and communicate to managers as soon as a story is confirmed.
- Flexible in scheduling because of the changing needs of news events, including working overtime and being on call, and handle other assignments as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in a news gathering organization
- Proficiency in more than one journalism platform.
- 2-3 years of experience as a TV producer
- A thorough understanding of newsroom systems, including iNews, Newsticker, Chyron and non-linear editing, is a plus.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OH-Dayton-1611 S Main St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Broadcast Programming and Production
Cox Media Group’s operations include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications and digital sites and services. From our on-air talent to jobs within our technical operations, you'll be a part of the team that communicates news all around the U.S. through integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media.