Promotions ProducerJob ID 187889 Date posted 05/22/2018 Location Dayton, Ohio Apply
WHIO-TV, the number one CBS affiliate in the country, is seeking a Writer/Producer to create compelling spots and campaigns that drive audiences across our TV, radio, newspaper and digital platforms. Candidate must be a strong copywriter, a creative editor, and master of motion graphics and DSLR videographer who can produce a spot from beginning to end, and work well independently. Must be detail-oriented, have strong organizational skills, and be highly collaborative. If you’re inspired by beautiful commercials, driven by great creative, and take pride in your excellent production skills, send your resume and a link to your demo. Applicants must include a demo link to be considered for the position.
- Conceive, write, produce, and finalize promos for TV, newspaper, digital, radio and other projects, as assigned
- Must be able to finish projects for air, with minimum supervision
- Create research-driven promos based on input from management
- Interact professionally with internal clients. Represent the creative department with the highest quality production projects and professionalism.
- Gain a full understanding of projects and give input for creative solutions
- Offer innovative and creative ideas that add value to all video projects
- Seek input while managing projects to assure deadlines are met
- Multi-task effectively, working quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Must be organized, detailed and have excellent communication skills
- Must have good work ethic and strong problem solving skills
- Must write scripts effectively, creatively and accurately
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of creativity under tight deadlines
- May be responsible for other duties, as assigned
- Punctual, regular and consistent attendance
- Skilled in audio production, editing, videography, lighting and motion graphics
- Edit on Avid, Premiere, or Final Cut
- Graphic design in After Effects, Photoshop. 3D knowledge a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, video production, journalism or 2 years equivalent work experience.
About us: WHIO-TV is the #1 ranked CBS affiliate in the country. Our Emmy Award-winning creative department promotes and supports one of the most dominant news operations in all of broadcasting with topical promotion, image marketing, and graphic design. We work in a huge, modern facility set on a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Dayton. Our building boasts a state-of-the-art studio, modern gym, and cafeteria. It is the headquarters for Cox Media Group Ohio and is home to our television station, radio stations, digital brands, and flagship Ohio newspaper. Together we share a common vision to support our brands in unique and innovative ways. For our team, that means creating amazing spots, videos, and animations using the best cameras, programs and production tools available.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and Diehards. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OH-Dayton-1611 S Main St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs