Regional Sales ManagerJob ID 1815431 Date posted 10/05/2018 Location: Dayton, Ohio Apply
CMG Ohio is seeking an experienced sales leader to inspire and coach one of our local multi-media sales teams. This role will manage a team of talented sales and business development professionals who enable local businesses of all sizes to leverage Cox Media Group Ohio’s industry leading products and services including broadcast television and radio, daily newspapers, digital marketing solutions, direct marketing and production services. CMGO offers unprecedented access to potential customers for local businesses and our job is to connect sellers and buyers more efficiently than any other local media to enable our clients to grow their businesses.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will be responsible for growing team revenues for our multi-media assets to include: digital, newspapers radio and TV by training, coaching and strategic planning with their account executives. To succeed, the RSM will need to create and maintain a high-performance culture within their sales team with a focus on providing feedback and encouragement to help ensure success of the team and the individual media consultants. In addition, RSMs will help design and execute the department direct sales strategy, coordinate with key stakeholders, amplify the voices of the customers to drive innovation, personally drive key strategy client engagements, and ultimately create partnerships that drive value for CMGO customers.
Sales from our local and regional clients are extremely important to our business so we will invest in your continued development with individual coaching plans, Cox Enterprises training and development programs and access to local executive training resources so that you can develop your skills and achieve your personal career goals. We are a business development organization; we drive growth for our clients through business intelligence, cross-selling efforts and integrated Account Management. We are successful by listening to our customers and our internal teams so that we can build the best local marketing solutions for our clients.
• Develop and execute a sales strategy that maximizes the talent on your sales team and the needs of your customers through the quality and quantity of your engagements
• Develop a deep understanding of the value created by CMGO products for clients in all business categories.
• Partner closely with the marketing and digital teams to guide the direction of our product offerings; be responsible for being voice of the customer so that we can innovate to meet their needs.
• Be accountable for driving, measuring, and reporting on key inputs and outputs in reporting systems and provide regular updates to management regarding team performance.
• Collaborate with Sales Operations to insure quality output.
• Coach our Media Consultants and directly influence their ability to serve clients, develop new business and provide the best customer service.
• Help to manage your team’s performance and enable your sellers by serving as the primary liaison to corporate sales, finance, production and human resources.
• Media sales management experience of 3+ years
• Experience in leading, managing and coaching a high-performance sales team or equivalent
• Media sales experience with proven success in business development, multiple category account development and success across multiple marketing product lines including digital media product services.
• A strong regional network of potential clients for our media business
• Interactive Advertising Bureau Certification and/or Google Ad Words certified a plus
• Strong understanding of strategic planning and a history of effectively managing sales teams
RESPONSIBILITY FOR RESOURCES: Prepare and submit necessary reports in a timely manner. Responsible for budgeting. Responsible for interviewing and hiring.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Drug-free and smoke-free environment. Updated campus near the University of Dayton and downtown restaurants and shopping. You will have access to an on-site gym and a 24-hour convenience store. We believe that working for a family owned media company we should know each other and therefore we provide ongoing opportunities for employee engagement, feedback loops for communication with upper management and opportunities to get to work on cross-department teams to innovate or products, services and working environment.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation or any other protective status.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OH-Dayton-1611 S Main St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Our sales team is essential to our business growth. Our highly motivated team offers creative solutions to our client’s advertising needs. Within one of our sales roles, you’ll build relationships through consultative partnerships with our clients and customers to maximize the benefits of the products and services we sell to ensure our continued growth.