Special Projects Videographer - ProducerJob ID 1817981 Date posted 11/20/2018 Location: Dayton, Ohio Apply
WHIO-TV in Dayton, Ohio, the #1 CBS affiliate in the country, seeks an experienced, enterprising and aggressive Special Projects Producer-Videographer to work as the lead videographer in our investigative unit. We are looking for someone skilled in creative shooting and editing of long-form investigative stories to make them compelling and memorable. This person will work as a field producer and photographer for reporters assigned to the unit during TV sweeps, and throughout the year on special franchise long form story pieces such as WHIO’s Making a Difference. Half hour specials may also be produced by this unit several times per year, as assigned by the Special Projects Executive Producer. The Special Projects Producer-Videographer will also shoot assigned unique long form content for WHIO-TV’s streaming app.
• Shoot and edit at least 12 long-form stories per sweeps period using HD camera
• Shoot with the daily I-Team Reporter outside of sweeps as assigned
• Shoot monthly “Making a Difference” segments and other assigned franchise pieces
• Shoot and edit at least 3 half-hour programs a year such as weather specials, cold cases
• Provide video and still photos for the digital and social media team for each story
• Work with our marketing team to provide video for promos
• Work with Special Projects Executive Producer to manage the television award entries
• Knowledge and use of hidden cameras, go-pro, 360 and other cams preferred
• Experience with lighting, sound, animated graphics are essential
• Knowledge of Photo Shop and After Effects or equivalent programs
• Ability to pitch investigative story ideas and develop visual plan for story with reporter
• Ability to develop unique content ideas for WHIO’s streaming app
• Use of audience research to drive story selection
• Use of all available tools to enhance stories, from graphics to social media
• Still photography for digital use
• Organized, self-motivated, creative multi-tasker
• Collaborative worker with producer and reporter
• Degree in Journalism, Photography, Videography preferred
• 5 years of shooting and editing experience required
• History of award-winning shooting and editing of long form stories strongly preferred
• Reports to the Executive Producer of Special Projects
• Has no direct reports
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OH-Dayton-1611 S Main St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Editorial and Newsroom
Cox Media Group’s operations include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications and digital sites and services. Working with reporters, photographers, and producers, you'll be a part of the team that brings the news all around the U.S. through integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media.