Job ID: 188224
As an Account Executive for Cox Media Group, you will be an important part of a dynamic sales organization and enjoy excellent earning potential with all of the tools necessary to get the job done. You will be responsible for generating media revenues for the assigned market to meet or exceed predetermined goals. You will also create revenues by working collaboratively with local sales managers, by making sales presentations and by directly selling to key primary and secondary accounts, as assigned. You will service and secure mutually beneficial relationships with various local businesses, agencies or individuals that have a desire to reach their target audience through various advertising channels and services.
What makes a successful Account Executive at Cox Media Group? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results-driven 10
- Relationship building 9
- Budgeting forecasting 8
- Prospecting 8
- Digital Savvy 7
- Skilled Presenter
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day
including generous time off policies: Up to 18 days of Paid Time Off during first year, plus 9 paid holidays.
Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
Mentoring and Training Programs
Broad Suite of Product Solutions
Maternity / Paternity leave
Reporting to the Local Sales Manager, the Account Executive will be responsible for generating media sales revenues and sell directly to key primary and secondary accounts. This position requires a team oriented, aggressive, creative sales professional adept at growing existing accounts while developing new business. This position actively manages the sales cycle including mining existing accounts for new opportunities, developing new relationships, negotiating contracts and closing business by expanding existing services, cross selling, and/or adding new services.
- Develop and manage revenue producing relationships with clients and agencies
- Prospect for new business and build a full pipeline of sales prospects
- Analyze client marketing goals and develop needs-based solutions to achieve them
- Oversee campaign execution and analysis
- Provide consultation to sales managers, sales teams, and clients
- Work collaboratively with internal partners to drive revenue
- Develop and maintain accounts through all stages of the selling process, from prospecting through the close, and follow-up to ensure repeated sales activity
- Research, identify and develop new prospects for both traditional TV ad sales
- Work as part of a sales team through consistent communication, sharing of ideas and industry information and active participation in team meetings
- Create and use promotions/marketing opportunities to generate incremental and new revenue
- Work cohesively with sales team, traffic and production to maximize revenues, following processes which are conducive to smooth work flow
- Stay abreast of industry trends through various sources
- Successfully complete other related tasks and/or projects as needed
- Proven track record of sales success in local media setting
- BA/BS degree with a minimum of three years of media sales, account management or buying experience preferred
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Hard-working, integrity, relationship-builder with a winning attitude
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Work with brand teams, ad operations and finance to provide client satisfaction
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM tools
- Some travel necessary
- Valid driver's license with good driving record required
- Must have good working knowledge of ratings, BAR reports, etc.
- Co-op and vendor support knowledge helpful
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-MA-Dedham-25 Fox Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing