Director News TechnologyLocation: US-MA-Dedham Job Number 1717697 Brand Cox Media Group Northeast, LLC, d/b/a WFXT-TV
WFXT Boston 25 News is in search of a Director of News Technology. This position is responsible for providing the advancement, leadership, process optimization, and strategic direction of the technical operations for the newsroom and the CMG station group. As a key member of the newsroom leadership team this person will liaise closely with local station News and Engineering Management, various CMG properties, as well as CMG VP-Technical Operations to define, plan, assist with budgeting and implementation of technical strategies for the news operations. On a day-to-day basis the Director of News Technology is responsible for ensuring the superior quality of WFXT news video and audio on all platforms.
- Establish and implement short and long-range technical systems and operating procedures for the local news department, various CMG properties and Corporate directives.
- Manage and plan project and operating budget expense lines.
- Work closely with Engineering to plan, coordinate and implement news-related systems.
- Perform administrative duties on all key newsroom computer software systems. Implement and assure backup staffing in these areas.
- Work closely with CMG Digital groups, both at the local station in addition to CMGt Corporate, to innovate newsroom and web-based initiatives as well as new ventures.
- Keep abreast of state-of-the-art developments through attendance at trade shows and seminars.
- Provide frequent updates to Corporate management on successes, trials and evaluations of burgeoning Newsroom and field technologies.
- Newsroom editors, photographers, truck operators and E.N.G. Receive operators will report to this position as well as the responsibility of administration of their compensation, scheduling, performance reviews, training and development.
- Ensure employees accomplish their duties using safe work practices and equipment, while being responsible for reporting all injuries, observed unsafe conditions or practices to their leader.
- Coach fellow employees on safe work practices as appropriate and contribute to the overall success of the company's safety program.
- A degree in technology from a four-year College or university with a focus in electronic media is preferred.
- Factory training on newsroom systems is a plus.
- Candidates should have at least 7 years of experience with newsroom technology and/or newsroom operations.
- Candidates should have at least 4 years of experience managing a staff
- Broad knowledge of news ENG acquisition, editorial, assignment desk and control room technologies.
- Experience in major enterprise-level technology and engineering construction or renovation projects is desirable.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Hard-working, integrity, relationship-builder with a winning attitude
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM tools
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
WFXT/Fox 25 is an equal opportunity employer.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-MA-Dedham-25 Fox Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing