EditorJob ID 182778 Date posted 02/09/2018 Location Dedham, Massachusetts Apply
Boston 25 Editors lead the market in providing creative ways to showcase video content on the air while making sure their work meets the mission of being the source for breaking news, weather and enterprise/investigative content. Editors work each day to provide a cohesive view of the day’s news by keeping a close eye on quality control and utilizing current industry standards to edit fast paced stories that have an impact on viewers.
• Edit opens, teases, vo’s, vosots and packages, using pre-production skills and knowledge to specialize edited clips
• Have complete working knowledge of Avid NewsCutter editing software, as well as all aspects of ingest and delivery including FTP, Aspera, etc.
• Have working knowledge of Photoshop and know how to properly size and format any still images used in VOs & PKGs.
• Arrive on time each day ready to jump right in and assemble pitch-reels or assist assignment desk with any other start of shift needs.
• Seek out best shots to produce the most compelling clips for air. Work closely with producers and writers to make this happen, communicate any information about better choices for video than what is in scripts.
• Properly archive clips.
• Work with digital team on any website video needs, including, but not limited to, editing out rights protected sports video, third party video and editing any “web only” content.
• Take ownership of all video sent to air, QC final product, watch for jump cuts, countdowns, correct custom tags, etc.
• Operate LiveU, microwave, and satellite receiving equipment as needed to tune in and record feeds from crews in the field.
• When coordinating: keep track of all edit needs for the newscast, assign pkgs to editors, find any file video needs for producers, have complete knowledge of where to find video, properly archive video after newscast is off the air.
• Communicate any issues (technical or workflow related) to Director of News Technology.
• Stay up on the latest editing systems, technology and techniques.
• A minimum of 2 years professional experience editing local TV news is preferred
• Prior experience with Avid NewsCutter editing software is a plus
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university in Journalism or Communications preferred
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Must be thoroughly professional in all aspects of production
• Must be able to communicate clearly over the telephone and two-way radios.
• Must be well read on current affairs and have a wide-range working knowledge and understanding of general interest subjects
WFXT/Boston 25 is an equal opportunity employer.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-MA-Dedham-25 Fox Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing