Maintenance TechnicianJob ID 182261 Date posted 02/07/2018 Location Dedham, Massachusetts Apply
This Maintenance Engineer will have primary responsibility for the RF systems for WFXT, and also responsibilities in studio engineering and maintenance. This engineer will maintain the existing IOT transmitters through the repack, and install the interim and main transmitters for the repack process. Responsibilities will also include satellite encoders and decoders, microwave systems, in-house RF, and other RF systems. Inside the studio this engineer will participate in the normal maintenance activities that are required in a TV station, including switchers, cameras, computers, cabling, etc. This position also may include the Chief Operator responsibilities as outlined by the FCC.
• The engineer should be able to manage and maintain complex RF systems and transmitters with minimum supervision.
• Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations, applicable electrical, mechanical, structural and civil engineering methods important.
• Maintenance and repair of all technical equipment in studio and transmitter facilities/towers, satellite downlink and microwave transmission systems.
• Design and construction of new engineering projects as directed by Director of Engineering and Chief Engineer.
• Preparation and timely delivery of required logs, status information, and reports.
• Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose and handle the tools necessary to repair RF and studio equipment.
• Must be able to effectively present information and respond to question from managers, clients, customers and general public.
• Must have solid working knowledge of PCs, networks, routers, MS operating systems and application software such as Word and Excel.
• Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent experience preferred
• 5+ years experience in broadcast engineering, with at least 3 of those years in direct maintenance and operation of RF transmission systems.
• Practical knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC and basic construction techniques helpful.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. safely
• Should be comfortable working on ladders and overhead
WFXT/Boston 25 is an equal opportunity employer.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-MA-Dedham-25 Fox Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs