Studio TechnicianJob ID 188872 Date posted 05/31/2018 Location Dedham, Massachusetts Apply
Reporting to the Production Manager the Studio Technician will perform a variety of roles during production of live television newscasts. The successful candidates will excel at communicating with our on air anchor team. Studio Technicians will work closely with Directors and other members of the production team. The successful candidates should have experience working with robotic camera systems and Jib cameras. Candidates should excel in adjusting to on the fly changes, multi-tasking and working under tight deadlines.
- Floor direct and coordinate all cueing of anchors and in house talent during live newscasts and pre-recorded promotional spots
- Communicate any and all changes to on air team in a clear and concise manner
- Operate Jib camera, work with directors to execute compelling and clean on air moves
- Set up robotic camera system on a daily basis by referencing pedestals
- Assist engineering department with camera charting/shading
- Work with audio technician to provide wireless microphones and IFBs to in house anchors, reporters and guests
- Must be physically able to lift and carry necessary equipment (up to 75 pounds) and maintain the agility to perform work assignments
- Other duties may be assigned
- A minimum of 3 years professional television experience is preferred
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university in Journalism or Communications preferred
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure
- Able to handle breaking news with ease
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must be thoroughly professional in all aspects of television production
- Must be familiar with current affairs and have a wide-range working knowledge and understanding of general interest subjects
- Able to work early mornings and holidays as needed
WFXT/Boston 25 is an equal opportunity employer.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-MA-Dedham-25 Fox Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing