Traffic AssistantJob ID 1818446 Date posted 12/03/2018 Location: Dedham, Massachusetts Apply
We are looking for an outgoing self-starter, to work in our traffic department at WFXT. We are looking for someone who has the ability to work effectively with all the departments at our television station and be flexible in an ever changing environment. The ideal candidate has great attention to detail, knows how to build successful relationships; can take direction as well as work independently.
• Assigns house numbers to all new or revised spots received from a variety of delivery methods to be placed on a dub list.
• Prints and date-stamps all traffic instructions received via email, fax or form submission.
• Communicates with master control, sales, promotions and production departments in reference to information on commercial spots.
• Preempts all spots from an active log that do not have traffic instructions by deadline.
• Sends confirmation requests via fax or email.
• Maintains copy filing system and purges expired copy instructions as needed.
• Must have working knowledge of digital delivery systems. Maintains digital spot file(s).
• Applies scripts for co-op advertisers prior to invoicing.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred but will also consider experience; at least 2-4 years in radio or television.
• WideOrbit experience preferred.
• Must be detail oriented with good organizational skills.
• Must be able to work under pressure and multi-task.
• Strong problem solving and communication skills
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Ability to speak effectively with groups of customers or employees of the organization
• Excellent computer skills—full command of Microsoft Office
• Ability to prioritize and multi task many projects at one time
• Must be flexible and able to adjust to the changing demands of our environment
• Very organized and excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication ability in person and on the telephone
• Ability to work well with all levels of the organization
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-MA-Dedham-25 Fox Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Advertising roles with Cox Media Group provide extensive opportunities across the marketing spectrum. From creative design, to digital media, you'll drive campaigns that reach millions of users.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Traffic Manager Dedham, Massachusetts