Job ID: 1815332
As an Account Executive for Cox Media Group, you will be an important part of a dynamic sales organization and enjoy excellent earning potential with all of the tools necessary to get the job done. You will be responsible for generating media revenues for the assigned market to meet or exceed predetermined goals. You will also create revenues by working collaboratively with local sales managers, by making sales presentations and by directly selling to key primary and secondary accounts, as assigned. You will service and secure mutually beneficial relationships with various local businesses, agencies or individuals that have a desire to reach their target audience through various advertising channels and services.
What makes a successful Account Executive at Cox Media Group? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results-driven 10
- Relationship building 9
- Budgeting forecasting 8
- Prospecting 8
- Digital Savvy 7
- Skilled Presenter
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day
including generous time off policies: Up to 18 days of Paid Time Off during first year, plus 9 paid holidays.
Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
Mentoring and Training Programs
Broad Suite of Product Solutions
Maternity / Paternity leave
Do you enjoy solving problems? Do you like to express your creativity? Want the ability to make a great income? Then Cox Media Group is the perfect place for your career. Working at Cox Media Group is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with our audience – however and wherever they connect with music and entertainment. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Media Consultant position carries the responsibility for developing and selling radio/digital/event advertising campaigns to prospective businesses for CMG Miami Radio’s 4 super brands and our robust digital offerings. This individual must be independent, very organized and detail-oriented. We are looking for candidates that are competitive in nature, who have the ability to first seek to understand a problem, and then develop creative ideas and solution
The ideal candidate will have a disciplined approach to maintaining day-to-day sales activity levels, the ability to prospect and acquire new business, strong presentation skills and a proven track record in building and sustaining client-based relationships. This role will also be educating our clients and agencies on our robust suite of digital products/services such as Display, SEO, SEM, mobile, social media and reach extension solutions.
You will have the opportunity to leverage our industry expertise, position in the market, nationally recognized talent to form consultative sales strategies. The ultimate goal is to build the trust of our clients while helping the individual Radio stations and yourself exceed monthly, quarterly and annual goals. CMG will provide excellent training and coaching sessions to ensure your success with our company.
Properties/Personalities & Sites you will be working with:
- WFLC- Hits 97.3 & The DJ Laz Morning Show
- WEDR- 99 Jamz & The Rickey Smiley Morning Show
- WHQT- Hot 105.1
- WFEZ - Easy 93.1
- Prospect, pursue & develop new business and service station accounts
- Performs necessary analysis and planning to assure that the objectives and priorities for each sales call are established (presentations, promotions, and research )and met in time frames acceptable to the client
- Identifies and cultivates personnel in targeted accounts who make or influence advertising and related event purchasing decisions
- Develops or coordinates the development of sales presentations to clients and potential clients
- Addresses or participates in addressing clients’ concerns, questions and objections; works to close sales with each targeted client
- Participates in negotiating pricing, advertising placements, content, and event concepts
- Keeps sales management apprised of progress toward established revenue goals and of the progress in closing identified prospects
- Stewards proposals, deals and post-deal analyses
- Proven track record of sales success
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Hard-working, integrity, relationship-builder with a winning attitude
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Work with brand teams, ad operations and finance to provide client satisfaction
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM tools
- Some travel necessary
- Valid driver's license with good driving record required
- Co-op and vendor support knowledge helpful
- BA/BS degree with a minimum of three years of experience in media sales, account management, media buying or sales of other complex business solutions.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Hollywood-2741 N 29th Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing