Assistant Program DirectorJob ID 188594 Date posted 05/21/2018 Location Hollywood, Florida Apply
- Assists Director of Branding & Programming with the coordination and execution of marketing, promotions, events, sales and image campaigns.
- Lead and manage the WEDR on-air team and provide effective guidance. Supervising, managing and motivating team members on a daily basis.
- Hosts a daily on-air shift (Middays).
- Is an ambassador for the radio station when out in public; maintains a positive and approachable attitude when around listeners and clients.
- Maintains a relationship with record label reps and schedules and attends music meetings.
- Schedule music daily and check social media to ensure it remains consistent with station’s brand.
- Assists in preparation and management of department’s budget by overseeing expenditures and maintaining invoice records and related documentation.
- Air check meetings with WEDR on-air talent.
- Manages the on-air schedule, organizing vacations and other time off with staff.
- Monitors programming activities in conformance with FCC rules and regulations, COX Media Group policy and applicable federal, state and local laws.
- A minimum of 2 years Program Director or APD experience.
- On-air experience in a medium-large market.
- An understanding of program log editing, along with knowledge of Music Master, ProTools and VoxPro.
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- High degree of planning and organization skills; can multi task and meet specific deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible, creative, and innovative in using technology to deepen listener relationships.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and weekends as well as be available for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and Diehards. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Hollywood-2741 N 29th Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs