Production DirectorLocation Hollywood, Florida Job Number 173140 Brand CMG Miami Radio
Cox Media Group Miami Radio is looking for a Production Director to join its team. The Production Director's responsibilities include:
- In charge of the recording, editing, assembly and final distribution of commercial content for 4 radio stations. Director must be able to work with sales and traffic to assure commercials are in and ready to play on a tight daily, sometimes hourly basis.
- Director must be capable of writing and editing copy as needed and to be able to direct talent to deliver professional reads of copy.
- Director must be able to trouble shoot typical equipment failures and if possible, remedy problem.
- Directors ability to interface with various departments and deliver successful campaigns.
- Collaborate with other CMG Production departments and utilize the CMG SWAT team to produce a wider variety of creative voice overs for advertising campaigns.
- Run daily end of day log validation and reconciliation reports to make sure all scheduled production, brand imaging elements are scheduled and available to run as scheduled
- Advanced computer knowledge. Familiarity with Mac and PC helpful.
- Expert level knowledge of Digital Audio and Production Workstations - WideOrbit, Adobe Audition, vCreative, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of audio principles including signal path, compression and limiting principles, effects applications and broadcast requirements.
- Excellent verbal and creative writing skills plus a good working knowledge of the English language. (Diction, spelling and vocabulary)
- Professional level V/O artist skills.
- Strong production skills with the ability to create, edit, produce, audio commercials that are of the highest quality and standards and align with industry standards
- Ability to translate thoughts and ideas into coherent, effective and entertaining radio commercials, promos and bits.
- Ability to follow all CMG Miami production processes and systems.
- Ability to adhere and enforce all CMG, FCC, FTC, and local legal requirements for on air advertising/marketing campaigns in accordance with the law.
- Ability to work closely with sales, marketing, and programming departments to realize brand objectives.
- Ability to work long hours, sometimes in moderately loud conditions.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet hard deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with other CMG production departments in utilizing the CMG SWAT team of V/O artists and production experts.
- Ability to work with sales clients and meet the needs of their expectations when it comes to production commercial campaigns and goals.
- Plus to be trained in CSS, musician, and/or have video editing skills.
CoxMedia Group (CMG) is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that also includes the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations; more than 60 radio stations; six daily newspapers, more than a dozen non-daily publications; and more than 100 digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, and All22. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million newspaper readers, and nearly 15 million radio listeners.
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Hollywood-2741 N 29th Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing