Sales AssociateJob ID 1718245 Date posted 11/15/2017 Location Hollywood, Florida Apply
Join the Cox Media Group (CMG) Miami team, where your goal is to make our client experience as efficient, customized and gratifying as a full-service media group should provide. You'll develop strategies that drive sales and innovation for our valued clients and prospects, while demonstrating a commitment to our three core pillars: speed, passion and courage.
If your answer is “yes” for a majority of the following questions, you may be the next, Media Consultant Associate we’ve been waiting for.
- Do you naturally build trust and relationships with the people you meet?
- Are you known for coming up with creative and unique solutions to problems?
- Do you desire to collaborate with multiple teams to achieve your goals?
- Are you highly-disciplined and like taking ownership of projects?
- Do you like operating in a high risk, high reward work environment?
- Do you want the opportunity to have flexible hours Monday through Friday?
Our Associate Program is highly competitive where we choose one individual to train directly with our top talent who will be their Mentor for a minimum of one year to learn the backend fulfillment, product knowledge, marketing information, and generally how the media business works. This Associate will be promoted into a Media Consultant role after they have demonstrated certain criteria. A Media Consultant role is to sell our media portfolio made up of radio and digital to small, medium, and large businesses in the South Florida market.
- Assisting assigned Mentor in daily administrative tasks
- Completion of self-paced web based training programs
- Completion of weekly action plan for the Associate Program
- Effectively communicating internally with peers and externally with clients
- Identifying and cultivating new business prospects
- Nurturing prospective clients into long-term partnerships
- Researching and analyzing industry trends and finding takeaways that apply to a particular business and its advertising campaigns
- Creating effective advertising solutions that work to solve business’ marketing challenges
- Preparing and presenting effective sales presentations in standard Microsoft Office tools (e.g. Power Point)
- Establish working relationships with individuals on cross-functional, internal support teams
- Collecting payment from clients
- Participate in several company social functions for team building purposes
- Four-year college bachelor's degree preferred
- Access to personal transportation for client calls that are required for business purposes
- A valid driver’s license and clear driving record
- Comfort with developing new relationships
- Ability to successfully work within tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude to clearly and succinctly present thoughts and ideas in front of groups and in written/email communication
- A willingness to learn and adapt to our spirited and idea-driven culture
- Excellent written, analytical, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Hollywood-2741 N 29th Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing