Manager Promotions MmktJob ID 1816361 Date posted 10/22/2018 Location: Houston, Texas Apply
Cox Media Group (CMG) Houston has an immediate opening for a Promotions Manager. The ideal candidate for this position possesses the ability to effectively handle intricate details, build strategic promotions that generate new listeners of our (radio) stations while assisting the management team of CMG Houston. The primary responsibilities of this position include the following: ensure the promotions crew is properly scheduled and broadcast equipment is packed and fully-functional, coordinate appearances and appropriate on-air and social media talking points with on-air talent as well as manage the promotional budget.
- Coordinate all station events including scheduling staff, coordinating merchandise, deploying vans, acquiring on-air messaging and content, handling any necessary equipment and providing post-event recaps as needed.
- Manage promotional budget and provide updates to Manager on a weekly basis.
- Effectively develop, present and manage new events and promotions concepts using resources like creative briefs, Microsoft Excel and other budget management tools.
- Attend events and live broadcasts as needed during the week and weekends to supervise and assist the promotions crew.
- Plan and communicate weekly promotions staff schedule which includes accurate forecasting of event crew hours for budget purposes.
- Assign on-air talent for client/sales team events and filter through to payroll team.
- Coordinate all on-air promotions for programming and sales: concert tickets, morning show giveaways, etc. with industry management tool, PromoSuite®.
- Keep station vehicles stocked, cleaned and maintained, ensuring all equipment is in working condition at all times.
- Prepare promotional giveaways and other necessary elements for live broadcasts, contests and other like events.
- Set-up Up Close & Personal (UCP) shows under the instruction of the CMG Program/Music Director, including site checks with Engineering for live broadcasts.
- Build guest lists as well as design, print and laminate station credentials for concerts and other events as needed.
- Scout strategic locations for station vehicle appearances – as a way to gain visibility for stations and effectively compete with other non-CMG radio stations.
- Call winners and coordinate the fulfillment of all prizes for on-air, events and digital contests.
- Assist in management of listener database.
- Partner with CMG Legal and other internal resources to generate contest rules as needed.
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly analyze listener data and provide key takeaways back to leadership in order to influence future marketing and promotions tactics.
- Assist in the interview process for new event staff.
- Perform other essential duties as assigned by CMG Leadership.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a self-driven, solutions-oriented individual with a competitive and adaptable spirit that thrives in a fast-paced, team-focused environment. Additionally, this individual will meet the following requirements:
·Four (4) or more years of experience in marketing or promotions
·Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator or similar art creation programs
·Experience working closely with internal and external cross-functional teams
· Proven interpersonal and communication skills
·Excellent time management and organizational skills
·Consistently demonstrates an outgoing, energetic and friendly personality
·Experience in proactively identifying issues and quickly resolving them with emotional intelligence
·Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
·Expertise in all facets of social media, including: engagement tactics, appropriate responses to consumer content, software and reporting management tools
·Hold a valid Texas Driver License and maintains clean driving record
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-TX-Houston-1990 Post Oak Blvd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Our marketing team collaborates with all levels of the organization to develop compelling sales and marketing strategies that continue to evolve the Cox Media Group brand. Through research, digital training tools, evaluating trends and consumer insight, our marketing professionals work diligently to identify and develop strategies to promote the value of our products.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs