Part-time On Air PersonalityLocation: US-TX-Houston Job Number 1719520 Brand CMG Houston Radio
- Make sure the overall sound of the show is entertaining, fun and informative
- Make sure all promotions/contests are executed properly.
- Conduct show prep on a daily basis.
- Handle the execution of live broadcasts; communicate with board op each break
- Monitor the music and commercial logs.
- Make sure studio is in order; music and commercials are pulled for the next jock/board op.
- Attend all programming/jock meetings
- Protect the FCC license
- Conduct EAS tests per FCC requirement
- Participates at station promotional events as needed.
- Performs all other tasks perceived, assigned, and/or required that contribute to the smooth running of the department and to the achievement of departmental and station goals.
- Periodic and unscheduled on-air (air check) review sessions with the Program Director and/or Assistant Program Director.
- All KTHT employees are expected to bring a positive attitude to the work place and be cheerful, cooperative and productive and to perform other such duties as may be required for the efficient operations of the station.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and operate technical production and on-air equipment. The employee is occasionally required to walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-TX-Houston-1990 Post Oak Blvd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Unposting Date: Ongoing