Digital Content ProducerJob ID 188044 Date posted 05/14/2018 Location Jacksonville, Florida Apply
- Write and adapt broadcast content for desktop and mobile, working closely with the Action News Jax and WOKV Newsroom to ensure continuity with TV & Radio news coverage.
- Create significant, original, locally-focused stories for Action News Jax and other CMG Jacksonville digital platforms.
- Create engaging content on Facebook, Twitter and other digital platforms that draw viewers to our Digital platforms and to TV newscasts.
- Participate in the creative development and technical implementation of online & social content.
- Must understand and be able to execute & produce news stories on current and evolving digital platforms
- Have sound news judgment
- Attention to detail
- Initiative and drive in a deadline-driven environment
- Energy and follow-up
- Successfully collaborate daily with teammates across the integrated TV/Radio newsroom
- The ability to handle stressful ands time sensitive deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- B.A. Degree in Journalism, Communications, or other field of study preferred
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience with website content creation and social media platforms – with clear, measurable results – is preferred
- Physical demands and essential physical abilities includes: a combination of physical work (standing, walking, lifting and carrying items such as laptop computers, pulling file drawers).
- Sedentary demands include: document review and computer use, including ability to manipulate fingers to operate computer keyboard and mouse.
- Expected to work under deadline constraints and meet precise deadlines (including self-imposed deadlines).
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Jacksonville-11700 Central Pkwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Assignment Editor Jacksonville, Florida