Digital Content ProducerJob ID 1817084 Date posted 11/07/2018 Location: Jacksonville, Florida Apply
The Digital Content Producer will be responsible for generating news content for Action News Jax. This individual will work under the direction and parameters of the Digital Content Manager and in harmony with the Digital Content Team at Cox Media Group Jacksonville. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of news as it relates to digital and be able to exhibit sound judgement while working in a high-pressure environment with impeccable attention to detail and accuracy. Being first with alerts, social postings and content is an expectation, as is finding and posting potentially viral user generated content. This is not a ‘work from home’ position. In addition this individual could occasionally be asked to assist with Digital projects outside of the parameters of news. A flexible schedule is a MUST with the ability to work evenings / nights / weekends / holidays.
- Write and adapt broadcast content for website, working in conjunction with the Action News Jax news department to ensure continuity with coverage.
- Create engaging content on social media outlets and other web platforms that draw the audience to the website
- Participate in the creative development and technical implementation of online content for the website.
- Work collaboratively with the Digital Team and News Department to meet performance goals
- Be available to work all shifts including weekdays in addition to weekends and holidays
- Other duties as assigned
- Have sound news judgment
- Excellent creative writing and communication skills
- Ability to recognize stories with potential and develop them into compelling content
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Passion to excel and win
- Attention to detail including impeccable spelling and grammar skills
- Able to collaborate with teammates and work individually
- A solid understanding of social media and social media metrics
- Applicants should have at least 2 years of related experience (newsroom, website development, publication or production and reporting).
- Degree in Journalism, Social Media, Digital Communication, or related field is preferred
- Must be news/business social media savvy and focused
- MUST be willing to work all shifts including weekends and holidays
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Jacksonville-11700 Central Pkwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Editorial and Newsroom
Cox Media Group’s operations include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications and digital sites and services. Working with reporters, photographers, and producers, you'll be a part of the team that brings the news all around the U.S. through integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media.