Executive Producer-Digital MediaJob ID 1818378 Date posted 11/30/2018 Location: Jacksonville, Florida Apply
Cox Media Group – Jacksonville has an opening for Digital Content Manager.
- Oversee and maintain all of WFOX & WJAX’s digital properties, included but not limited to ActionNewsJax.com, mobile websites, OTT on all available platforms, social media, app alerts, email alerts as well as news and weather apps
- Communicate daily with the News Director, Newsroom Managers, Brand Managers, Marketing Directors and Promotions as needed/ requested
- Key innovator of digital projects involving News and Creative Service departments aimed at creating strong news content, marketing and revenue-generating ideas
- On-site management of all digital editors
- Develop and guide execution strategies to meet digital and revenue goals
- Creatively develop unique content for web, mobile and social media
- Lay groundwork for consistent multiplatform workflow that ensures strong, unique and digital-exclusive content
- Produce digital industry advice in the areas of SEO, SEM, User experience, Web design, Mobile design and Social media marketing
- Perform a variety of website management and video encoding activities, including creation of video players, playlists, widgets, templates and tools, mobile style sheets and mobile apps
- Work directly with third party vendors and provide them with technical specs and delivery requirements for digital content
- Understand and use metrics to maximize growth on all platforms
- Provide support with cross-departmental web training, including actual training and creation of supplemental materials and documents
- Gather, compile and write news stories for all digital platforms
- Have solid digital television news background with extensive experience covering breaking news
- Create and send breaking news alerts
- Work closely with producers to identify digital teases for each newscast
- Lead all support issues and submit internal tickets as projects require
- Bachelors Degree in Mass Communications, Broadcast or marketing preferred
- Three years experience working in a fast-paced newsroom preferred
- One year management/ leadership experience preferred
- Programming, content creation & social media
- Demonstrate previous success in developing and implementing digital, app and social media strategies
- Experience using Google Analytics, AudioMetrix, Urban Airship, Tablaeu or similar analytics tools
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage people and multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Jacksonville-11700 Central Pkwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Editorial and Newsroom
Cox Media Group’s operations include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications and digital sites and services. Working with reporters, photographers, and producers, you'll be a part of the team that brings the news all around the U.S. through integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media.